Cleaning Exterior of 28' Enclosed Trailer - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
Retired63

Default Cleaning Exterior of 28' Enclosed Trailer

I have a 28' enclosed trailer I just purchased used. The sides have some dingy brown 'streaks' from where the water would drain down (it was stored outside). The previous owner mentioned there are some products that clean that right up. Anyone know how I should proceed? I didn't see anything specific when searching.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
The Newell

There are various "black streak" removers marketed for RVs and they can be found wherever RV cleaning and polishing products are sold. Whether any of them will work on your stains is an open question, since these stains (streaks) are the result of whatever gunk has accumulated on the roof plus whatever minerals are in the rain water and dew. This cocktail varies with the area it originated in and sometimes one cleaner works and sometimes another. And sometimes it seems none of them work. In that case, it mostly takes a lot of elbow grease, i.e. repeated polishing with heavy duty boat or auto cleaner/polishes.

Brown streaks sounds like iron or tree residue (often tannin) or decaying vegetation. I would try a couple of the available streak remover products (no particular brand recommended) and see if that helps. You can also try a vinegar and water solution, about 25-50% vinegar. That works on some kinds of stains. Then move onto stronger stuff. By the way - is it fiberglass or painted metal? Or maybe anodized aluminum?

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote