Motor Coach Weigh in - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
Ron in South Dakota

Default Motor Coach Weigh in

Any hints on the best places to get the coach weighed at each corner, each end and total? We are near Seattle Wa
Old 01-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
MrE

Try finding a weigh station near you on this link: Weigh Station Scales Locations in Washington WA

I have a friend that lives in Bandon Oregon and there's a weigh station just south of town on Hwy 101. I've never seen any personnel there, but the weight is displayed on an electronic sign. I've gone there and obtained all the weights you're looking for, and it was free. You might call Washington DOT and see if there's a similar setup in your area.

1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
Vantare

I've only weighed in once and used a CAT scale at a truck stop. They weighed each axle but I can't remember if they had the scale split side to side or not. I'm sure others who weight more often will have more specific info.

Cannondale Slice 5 Bike

2006 Prevost Vantare’ Double Slide

Steve & Annie
Vantare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
The Newell

Most scales don't do side to side splits. CAT scales in particular are usually designed with barricades to keep the truck centered on the scale.

I've had good luck with closed truck scales on the highway - they usually leave the scale on when they're closed and many have a display you can see from the driver's seat.

Usually you can pull through and get a total weight for each axle, then pull around and do it again with only one side on the scale platform. Subtract this side from the total axle weight to get what's on the other side.

You might also check with local household moving companies, or even the county dump. And ask the local DMV office where they send people who need to get their vehicle weight for the title.

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #5
Newell Boss

Can also check with flying j
Newell Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:38 AM   #6
fulltiming

I have found that the best place to get a weight on each wheel position is to go to a long distance Moving Van Line facility such as United, Atlas, Allied, North American, etc. They frequently have flat scales without any obstruction on one side of them. If you can find one that isn't busy, talk to the scale master, they will frequently let you drive onto the scale one axle at a time, then one axle at a time with only one side on the coach on the scale. The site MUST be level or you will not get good results. Just make sure you don't interfere with them weighing their own trucks and tip the scale master well. He will be happy to see you come back in the future.

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote