1994 Newell - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
Gary Austin

Default 1994 Newell

Hi everyone,

I am getting ready to purchase a 1994 Newell 45' coach and was wondering if there are any problems with this particular year that I should be aware of? This will be my 3rd class A so I know the basics but this is my first Newell, any insight is appreciated.

The known problems are one of the 3 under mounted A/C units has a freon leak per the present owner. The tires look good but the date code is old however it has been kept inside.

Gary Austin
Gulfport, MS
39 Chevy Street Rod
65 Mustang
Gary Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:58 PM   #2
larryweikart

Welcome to the best RV site in the industry. You'll find all the assistance you need on this site. I own a 94 Newell as well and it has been a real treat. The one area of concern is the fact that it is becoming very difficult to find parts for the basement airs. Of course, this being your 3rd rv you know about other challenges that will always show up, but you'll find untold knowledge from the other owners on this site as well as Newells outstanding service dept. They are Newells biggest asset. Good luck and safe travels.

P.S. nice cars
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #3
Neweller

Gary, to the Luxury Coach Lifestyle! That is awesome you are picking up on a '94 Newell. I have been in the market and looking at many similar year Newell's myself which would make another my 4th and latest model. I am unaware of any major issues with that year of the 2000 Series Newell. There have been some issues with both types of basement airs, mainly due to the manufacturers of the systems going out of business. We have quite a few owners on here with like coaches. There is plenty of information on this site regarding the repairs and parts availability on that system. You can definitely fix anything on it and plenty of members will give their 2 cents to get you on the right track. Otherwise, their are a couple of others whom have changed out basement air for three roof units. Everything depends on your needs, DIY abilities etc.... A lot of owners are going to tell you know matter what the date code is, that they would replace the tires, but their are others who will argue that. All depending on how the coach was stored and so forth... Dry climate vs. wet climate of primary use is a huge factor in my experience. My biggest concern would mainly be steer tires.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
NewellCrazy

Welcome Gary,

I don't know of any major concerns with that year coach, You know its a Newell and designed for full time living and built for the long haul. What I'm saying is once you go Newell you'll never go back, Unless of course your moving from a Newell to an equivalent equipped Prevost or vice versa.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
Gary Austin

Thank you all for the advice.
Gary Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
smagown

Hey Gary:
i stayed at an RV park in Gulfport for Cruizin the Coast.
97 #458 w/3 roof airs, 07 997 GT3, 62 Vette,67 SS427 Chevelle, 02 Boxter, 74 GMC mtr hm, 88 Mastercraft 190 Prostar, 86 Ski Nautique 2000, 02 Baja Islander 212
smagown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #7
1993Newell

Welcome new friend! Good to have you! Post questions and information you would like to share. We look forward to getting to know you.

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #8
stewart33

Hello glad you've joined here. Congrats on your future purchase. We will enjoy hearing from you.
stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #9
The Newell

Hi Gary Austin,

I hope you are enjoying the Newell Forums, You have just found and joined the most informative website pertaining to Newell Ownership on the web. If you have any questions/answers please feel free to post them or to send one of us moderators a private message. We are all here to help so don't be afraid to call on us! In addition to the forums Newell Classic offers, Classifieds for buying and selling Newells along with a Newell Gallery so that one can compare the different generations of Newell Motor Homes.

Welcome Again!

Joseph

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #10
Raymond N Priscilla Miller

Welcome to this fantastic forum! It's exciting to hear about your near future purchase. You will find that this site is full of great information and nice people too!