Shore water - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles

Old 06-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #11
Flydrifter

Chester, Where is the autofill switch, and what type of shut-off does it have?
Is is an electric solenoid controlled valve triggered off the top probe or what?

Thanks in advance.
Ray

'96 #420 Newell 45'
Tulsa, OK
Flydrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #12
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

The autofill switch is a few inches below the air switch that opens the main sewer valve. There is an electric solenoid which is plumbed into the exhaust side of the two water pumps and empties into the tank about three inches from the top of the tank. My owner's manual states that the pumps should be left on even when connected to city water to maintain adequate pressure. Looks like I need to sort out the plumbing to figure out what is going on. In a previous post, I mentioned that when I tried to fill with the autofill, the water pump ran, filled the tank, and then shut off, but there was overflow. I have been advised to remove the solenoid and clean out a small hole that is intended to shut off the flow of water. Perhaps tomorrow I will check out this small hole to see if it is stopped up.

2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #13
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

I removed the autofill solenoid and the weep hole was plugged. Cleaned the hole, connected city water, turned on the autofill switch. The autofill and both water pumps worded until the tank was full and everything shut down sutomatically with the system pressurized. However, a few gallons came out of the overflow after everything was shut off. I guess i could shut the valve on the overflow but since the autofill shut itself off, a few gallons on the ground does not concern me. Am I wrong?

2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote