Is Sandy The Perfect Storm Currently Brewing for The City of New York?? Hope Not! - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Coach Talk! > Off-Topic Discussions & Humor
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log in Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
Neweller

Default Is Sandy The Perfect Storm Currently Brewing for The City of New York?? Hope Not!

I really can't believe how the weather forecasters can be so positive of how bad a tropical storm can be or how it will most likely hit New York City in the coming days?

If this storms really devastates the Northeastern part of the US, what will happen to the elections just days following if there is not power etc. There are a lot of stakes riding in the coming weeks that will effect a lot of people.

I just hope they are wrong. I have family and friends up in the area.

Here is the link, check out how much the forecaster emphasizes the threat! [video]http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2012/10/25/emergency-crews-power-companies-along-northeast-brace-for-hurricane-sandy/[/video]

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
86loco

Ken, this should be a concern for the majority of the eastern seaboard. There will be 3 of us rolling west early Saturday morning to wait this storm out. No reason to stick around. I'm waiting on some family members to get over to us who live on the coast. They are preparing their home for the worst possibility.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
speedingsport

People should take this seriously if you live anywhere near where this storm will hit. Take pre cautions and get out.
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
Texas Pete

They claim the government can move storms using HAARP, why don't they move this thing away from the coast?

In everything I have done. I discovered, the only person who limits you is yourself.
Texas Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #5
jWolfe

Ken, I have friends and family in that area too. I hope they are wrong and I have been telling everyone to stay in tune to the weather. I have a few nephews who bock and laugh at the idea of any major hurricane hitting New York and they are out partying with their friends instead of evacuating!

I believe it's because they have never experienced that kind of weather so they have doubt that it's possible. And secondly because they are young and feel they don't have to worry about such things. I guess it's a good thing they're bachelors like their Uncle. I would hate for them to be irresponsible with children and families. Regardless I will still tell them to leave and get to safe ground. Let's hope it does blow over!
Old 10-26-2012, 03:15 AM   #6
Chad

[h=1]NOAA to East: Beware of coming 'Frankenstorm. What's next?[/h][h=1]Both private and federal meteorologists are calling this a storm that will likely go down in the history books.

And they are even making a prediction it will likely be a billion dollar storm. How do they know this stuff?[/h]
Old 10-26-2012, 04:56 AM   #7
Gax

When the voting machines are knocked out, watch the frenzy of blame from the right and left.
Gax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #8
Randy J

Any Newellers in the path need to get in their Newells and take a road trip west!

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #9
Charlotte Rosita

I've been following it closely on the news. So scary! It's already did lot's of damage and dozens have died.
Charlotte Rosita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #10
86loco

We are ready to roll, just waiting on family who have things secure at the beach house. We have never been in a snow storm and tropical storm combined before and do not plan to take any chances on this one. Keep everyone out here in your prayers for this thing to change course more easterly or slow down.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #11
Cheri Smith

Possible Power Outages for Millions...

1979 Newell Classic
Cheri Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:04 AM   #12
Hugo

Glos family have already hopped in their vehicles and are heading inland west. We are hoping the damage done isn't to severe.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #13
jWolfe

According to the flight-tracking service FlightAware, nearly 10,000 flights had been canceled for Monday and Tuesday, almost all related to the storm. This is when jumping in your coach and heading west is a life saver!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #14
86loco

We are really relieved to be out of the Carolina's and currently safe in eastern Tennessee. Where we will stay depending on weather condition. One thing nice about being in coach is we can always pick up and head west or wherever we see fit. We have heard from other family who decided to stay in their homes that there is already a lot of flooding and it's not looking pretty. If your in the NE and have a place to go, just get out of there. Stay prepared and God Bless!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #15
Arlie Powers

Why was this replica ship out at sea in this storm?

Never Hold a Grudge, Unless You Like Pain!
Arlie Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #16
stewart33

Good question Arlie. I have been watching the news, reading the news and the damage is horrible! So sad.

stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote