1965 Streamline Travel Home - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #1
MrE

Thumbs up 1965 Streamline Travel Home

Game time Ken? Streamline Travel Home in RVs & Campers | eBay Motors

There were only about 80 Streamline Travel Homes manufactured between 1964 and 1967, when the Travel Home division was sold to L. K. Newell, and moved to Miami, Oklahoma to become the Newell Coach Company. The first VIN number appears to have been either 5000 or 5001, with the last number possibly 5084. ONE OF A KIND MODEL WITH 2 DOORS.

This 1963 (body) all aluminum body manufactured by the Imperial Trailer company in El Monte, California is a classic piece of history. Custom made dressing room for Hollywood stars Anne Baxter and Walter Pidgeon.Then owned by Joe Fernandez of San Felipe, Mexico. Complete overhaul 5000 miles ago including engine overhaul, new aircooler, radiator, belts, radiator fan, thermostat, tires etc.. Lived in Butterfield Ranch, Borrego Springs California for the last 25 years until the death of the owner, when it was moved

Engine: 400 cubic engine HO
Transmission: C5 Ford (rebuilt 5,000 miles ago also)

4000 Watt generator (never used). 2 30 gallon gas tanks. Great to drive, great look. You'll enjoying owning this beauty and seeing America.

Length-28ft long 10ft wide
Gross Weight- 5033

1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #2
Neweller

Jon, this is a nice find. The Streamline's are hard to run across and the only person whom has really shared much about them is Tom Patterson. Technically they should be just as much apart of this site as Newell's. Even though it doesn't really matter what you own, if it's luxury it's all good.

So, what's the game? This is the pre-birth of Newell and Lee Newell owned a couple Streamlines before he bought the company in 1967 and moved it 6 months later to Miami, OK. This baby goes deeper and I've been wondering why this void I'm sharing on the other thread has never been talked about. Is it that some folks just don't know? A surprise is on the horizon........

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:46 AM   #3
GORDON HUMMEL

That dash on the Streamline looks a lot like the mystery coach dash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:06 AM   #4
rellick

I think your on to something Gordon!!
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:46 AM   #5
speedingsport

I agree with Gordon.
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:47 AM   #6
Neweller

That is because Gordon has Sharp Eyes and Attention to Detail! But we still have a mystery on our hands.

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 03-07-2013, 03:22 AM   #7
MrE

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the '10ft wide' claim on the ad.

And Ken, for the contest if there is one, I don't think they will get a single bid.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Old 03-07-2013, 03:24 AM   #8
NewellCrazy

Not with that super model they won't

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:04 AM   #9
Neweller

Gordon's in Cali, he could go by and check it out. He could then tell him what it's worth. Of course after he gets back in his car. If we were in a hot economy it would get a bid. I seen like a '68 about 6 or 7 years ago up in Seattle listed on ebay without an engine bring around $7200.00.

I was just reading it again and it says the body is a 1963 but the year of the coach is a 1965? Maybe just a typo like the 10' wide option.

It states the engine is a 400 CI HO with a C5 trans. Now if it's a Ford 400, I would sure want to know what year it is, since several years of the Ford Modified engines were just plain junk and these included the 351M, 400M and 460's. Maybe I'm not a fan of the Modified engines. Never heard of a Ford 400 that was a HO. Unless it's not a Ford engine coupled to a Ford tranny.

Prior to the 391 Industrials they had the 331 Industrial which I would thing was the original engine size for this coach prior to change out. But hey, it could have come with a straight six.

It's a pretty cool coach for being a 1965 and with two entry doors. Would you rather have it or a 1980 Winnebago with a thirsty 413 Wedge. Actually an 80 and back Winni was a wedge all the way around. ugh......

-Bob Marley
Old 03-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #10
1993Newell

Good call Jon!

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #11
rellick

I think the gross weight is off a bit too, isn't it? Maybe it is a 391 engine bored oversize? I'm wondering if the seller really knows about this coach. Doesn't seem like it to me. It sure looks like a nice rig tho,
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
Old 03-08-2013, 01:26 AM   #12
Neweller

You could be right Keith. Who knows how long he has owned it? Maybe I'll write or call him out of curiosity. Also, see where he's coming up with the value. I believe in a great economy it there are those guys that would step up to the plate for it. Actually, it would be cool for use in a movie set and I have a friend at Paramount that used to buy stuff like this for local sets.

-Bob Marley
Old 03-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #13
FredNewell

If any of the members here see this as a prospective purchase, I could probably swing by and look it over, take photos, sniff test, hear and see it, talk to the seller. I work in Sacramento. Lemme know. You contact the seller first, I'd just be eyes and ears for you.

BTW i have no association with the coach or seller.
FredNewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #14
NewellCrazy

Might as well Fred if your that close how can you not take a looksy.

Sean

Old 03-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #15
MrE

New listing and new pictures, no more super model this time. Streamline Travel Home in RVs & Campers | eBay Motors
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Old 03-15-2013, 12:41 AM   #16
NewellCrazy

Still needs more pictures and no super model is a plus .

Old 03-15-2013, 03:18 AM   #17
Neweller

Sean, he probably changed the pictures after reading your post. Hey, he could have been in a spandex like my one neighbors back in California would wear every time they washed their car or did yard work. I don't know why this seller has taken away some of the other pictures, he should have kept them all but the one and added several more. I wonder if Fred ever made it by to take a peak?

-Bob Marley
Old 03-09-2015, 07:47 AM   #18
npryor28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrE View Post
Game time Ken? Streamline Travel Home in RVs & Campers | eBay Motors

There were only about 80 Streamline Travel Homes manufactured between 1964 and 1967, when the Travel Home division was sold to L. K. Newell, and moved to Miami, Oklahoma to become the Newell Coach Company. The first VIN number appears to have been either 5000 or 5001, with the last number possibly 5084. ONE OF A KIND MODEL WITH 2 DOORS.

This 1963 (body) all aluminum body manufactured by the Imperial Trailer company in El Monte, California is a classic piece of history. Custom made dressing room for Hollywood stars Anne Baxter and Walter Pidgeon.Then owned by Joe Fernandez of San Felipe, Mexico. Complete overhaul 5000 miles ago including engine overhaul, new aircooler, radiator, belts, radiator fan, thermostat, tires etc.. Lived in Butterfield Ranch, Borrego Springs California for the last 25 years until the death of the owner, when it was moved

Engine: 400 cubic engine HO
Transmission: C5 Ford (rebuilt 5,000 miles ago also)

4000 Watt generator (never used). 2 30 gallon gas tanks. Great to drive, great look. You'll enjoying owning this beauty and seeing America.

Length-28ft long 10ft wide
Gross Weight- 5033

I have the the pigeon house here in sacramento ca. what do you think i should do with it? clean title and all. still looks reaaalllly clean too. i just dont know
npryor28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:08 AM   #19
npryor28

yeah i have this coach you guys. i dont know what to do with her though. there's a lot to this thing. looks good though. Runs strong but from sitting it has a leaky valve seal so you can see it puts a little smoke in the engine. it is a ford 400 industrial engine with a c4. new radiator and stuff... the engine and tranny need pulled i personally feel like but this sucker runs man. the generator is old looking but supposedly never used? DOUBT THAT. no major dents but rivets popping here and there. usual things to expect. but ALMOST EVERYTHING ACTUALLY WORKS ON IT! never tried to start the generator. needs some tires. i actually know the person who inherited it after her father passed, down in barrego springs ca. sat at her house for many years and the weather in Sacramento wasn't nice to it. but no rust or anything of that nature. it holds true to the lifetime warranty aircraft design i suppose. damn thing is a tank i tell ya. interior is nice in it, body has a little scratch on the side of it but nothing crazy, and a tiny tiny dent on rear passenger quarter panel. extremely small. just some wear and tear really. her dad loooooved this thing and took very good care of it until the decline of his health. if anyone gets this (i know this is a 2 year old post) please contact me about it. i have no idea what to do with her and would loooove to get her into the right hands that will love it as much as he did. please email me! Npryor28@yahoo.com
npryor28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:28 PM   #20
rellick

Nathan, email sent

22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list