Cool Idea on Updating your Luxury Coach - Bamboo Flooring and Nice Wood Wall Laminate - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Technical Exchange > Upgrades and Customization
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log in Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
Neweller

Default Cool Idea on Updating your Luxury Coach - Bamboo Flooring and Nice Wood Wall Laminate

I ran across this picture in some of my resources on wood flooring and wall finishes and thought this would be a great example of some possible refinishing options on a interior upgrade for your acclaimed luxury coach.

The flooring gives a great idea of how you can really make a bamboo floor look classy. This vanity could possibly make a great sink and lady's make-up desk combo?

I feel it's a great play on colors.Click image for larger version

Name:	bamboo-floor.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	3311

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #2
86loco

Ken -The wife says you hit a homerun on this one. She really like the concept but was wondering where a faucet would go? Maybe off to the side or angled?

She says that the white area would normally be used for a storing make-up supplies and you would have to worry about splashing water on the mirror area. But it's possible.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
Leeann J

Ken that's a beautiful makeup vanity and would look nice in a coach. My coach - I want one.
Leeann J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:51 PM   #4
JustDustin

The flooring and the vanity desk are a nice touch for a woman.
JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:15 AM   #5
Neweller

I guess that sink idea may not be the best option, but hey if there is a will there is a way. My wife just told me it is an area you can store certain products a woman might use. I have seen something similar in other luxury coaches whether it be a Newell or swank bus conversion. I believe this is in a yacht and there are a lot of similarities in design works between luxury coaches and yachts. A lot of like materials and nicely bullnosed corners using laminates or wood veneers.

Figured it might be worth sharing and give others some optional details on mixing real woods with laminates etc......

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 02-07-2013, 01:29 AM   #6
cdat

Like the look of the area, really like the look of the thin wood flooring they used.
cdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:07 AM   #7
speedingsport

John I was thinking the same thing when I saw the wood flooring. With the look of the thin flooring it adds a unique but rich look. I think it would look really nice in a coach.
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #8
FJGuard

The wife would like that makeup vanity but I don't know if I would want her to have all that space to fill up.
FJGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #9
Cheri Smith

I love the look of the wood floor with this design. The vanity isn't something I would need but I'd take one if it was already in my coach. I do know quite a few ladies who would love to have one in their coach like this.

1979 Newell Classic
Cheri Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
JustDustin

Ken again this is a beautiful option for flooring I just recently saw some Tiger stripe design bamboo flooring and it was striking. dave-n-marjorie recently putting in the dark bamboo flooring in their Newell was really nice too. I think we may not only see a trend in bamboo flooring in homes but also in Newell Coaches?
JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #11
mnhoff

Ken I just finished this inlay in my own home. The picture you posted I would love to do that floor in my coach with this inlay,if only the wall colours would matchClick image for larger version

Name:	floor inlay 002.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	4124Click image for larger version

Name:	floor inlay 003.jpg
Views:	559
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	4125
1995 Newell Coach #372
mnhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #12
1993Newell

That is a beautiful in lay. Great job! Wow if you do something like that in your coach it would really add some piz-zazz!

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #13
speedingsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhoff View Post
Ken I just finished this inlay in my own home. The picture you posted I would love to do that floor in my coach with this inlay,if only the wall colours would matchAttachment 4124Attachment 4125
Nice! It sounds like you've got some awesome plans for the coach as well. Can't wait to see it.
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #14
Neweller

Wow Mike, that is a wonderful job and would bring the kind of first class I'm talking about to a Newell or luxury coach. You must have done all sorts of C&M work in your career. Couldn't you change the colors up to get it to contrast in the Newell?

-Bob Marley
Old 05-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #15
stewart33

I like the bamboo wood flooring, your in lays are kick butt. Is this a hobby of yours or are you for hire? After everyone sees your talent they are going to want something like it.
stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #16
Randy J

Mike beautiful job.

Ken Leeann wants a vanity like that in our coach and I want some new flooring. I guess we'd better look harder into some upgrades. We have been enjoying our coach. the way it is but with all these remodels we are seeing. How can we not help but want to do some to?

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote