Wow! What a price! - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2010, 11:31 PM   #21
rheavn

I know this thread has kind of taken off from the original subject so pardon me, but has any one noticed in the classified section there is a 2 slide 2000 Newell for $175,000? That kind of pricing gets my attention. For some one who is looking it might be worth a call.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:23 AM   #22
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by folivier View Post
I'm up for Alaska! Thinking hard either next summer or 2012. Kinda depends on the house situation. But it's not too early to start planning.
Tuga- I'll call you in a couple weeks to get together for dinner. Cindy and I want to pick your brain while the trip is still fresh.

Great Forest, Karen and I would love to get together with you and Cindy for dinner. We have some great pictures of the trip. Give us a call 985 381 6613.

Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:33 AM   #23
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheavn View Post
I know this thread has kind of taken off from the original subject so pardon me, but has any one noticed in the classified section there is a 2 slide 2000 Newell for $175,000? That kind of pricing gets my attention. For some one who is looking it might be worth a call.

Steve,

Where did you see that one?

I think that there are some people out there who are really desperate to sell. That seems to be one of them. If houses aren't selling, how can RVs?

Someone posted the other night that a 1987 Newell sold on eBay for $65,000. I know the owner of that coach and it did NOT sell. He informed me that it is still for sale. I have seen that coach and boy let me tell you - that is a cream puff! I am not saying that it is worth the $65K; that is up to the buyer. But it is a 10 inside and outside.

I think that all motorhome values have taken a dive in the last year or so. And I really believe that they will continue on a downward path. With 10% unemployment what else can you expect! The only thing that can save this economy is a tax cut, and I don't see that happening.

Well, I am going to step down from the soap box now.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 08-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #24
rheavn

The 2000 2 slide coach that I referred to is in the classified section of this web site. When I was looking for a Newell I believe I called on this coach, but I can't be sure as there are no pictures. I did not consider the coach because it was not the floorplan I wanted. If it is the same coach the seller has reduced his price over $50,000 since I called.

Rvs are certainly not selling at the pre 2008 pace, but well priced coaches are selling. I purchased mine in March of this year, but it was aggressively priced. I recently met two couples that were on their way to trade in their rvs on newer ones and each one said that the new ones were priced so low they couldn't pass up the deal.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #25
tuga

How about this one for a low price!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...item43a14b69b7
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 08-28-2010, 05:39 PM   #26
rheavn

Tuga,
I believe that is the coach that started this thread, although it has now been transformed from a 2002 into a 2004. Prior ads have said roof airs--it has basement air. Prior ads have said Onan generator--it has a Power Tech. When it was a 2002 it was priced at $209,000. As a 2004 it is priced at $249,000. I will say again that when I find misrepresentations in an ad it is a red flag. How can one trust anything that they are told?
Welcome back and just for you I will sell you my very clean 2005 Newell for $295,000. Now that's a great price.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:01 PM   #27
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheavn View Post
Tuga,
I believe that is the coach that started this thread, although it has now been transformed from a 2002 into a 2004. Prior ads have said roof airs--it has basement air. Prior ads have said Onan generator--it has a Power Tech. When it was a 2002 it was priced at $209,000. As a 2004 it is priced at $249,000. I will say again that when I find misrepresentations in an ad it is a red flag. How can one trust anything that they are told?
Welcome back and just for you I will sell you my very clean 2005 Newell for $295,000. Now that's a great price.

Steve,

Red flag is right; how can people live with themselves. You're right, with misrepresentations like this one a buyer is just setting themselves up for a let down.

Thanks for the welcome back; it's good to be home. We had a great time in Alaska!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 08-29-2010, 11:56 AM   #28
Richard and Rhonda

I may be wrong, but the seller appears to be a large scale wholesaler. It's entirely possible that the person who listed this has NO idea what is accurate.

I know that when I lived in Fort Worth. I went up to a similar operation to inspect a Foretravel for a guy who had seen it on Ebay, but lived too far away to do an onsite. The folks at the dealership didn't have a clue about the coach. They knew cars, and an RV was an oddity.

Still buyer beware is the watchword.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:47 PM   #29
prairieschooner

Just to echo what Richard said, I see this allot with Yacht Listings. Most of the time the listing is being typed by someone who is not necessarily familiar with the Yacht being Listed. That is a good reason for the Marine Survey and why I have a job, it was a much better job a few years ago.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:54 PM   #30
folivier

Steve, just give it up and come to Alaska with us.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:12 PM   #31
prairieschooner

I cannot make it in 2011 but I may be able to go in 2012, don't wait for me though. If Social Security gets extended I may have to work until I am much older and then who knows if I'll still be able to drive.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:21 PM   #32
chockwald

Steve, it's time to get "retarded", and come with us for the fellowship....haha!
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #33
Summersgal

Our 88 is FOR SALE if anyone knows anyone that is interested...Just PM if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Pam
Coach #432
Summersgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:43 PM   #34
tuga

WOW! Here is another one that is priced low.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

How many of you guys think that this is a bona fide - real deal SALE!

Or will we see it again in a few months!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 09-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #35
chockwald

Well, the seller has 563 transactions and a 100% rating so the only question would be was his account hijacked? Unlikely it would go unoticed by the account owner since he is obviously active on Ebay, but there is always the chance. If you look at his feedback you will see a lot of high dollar transactions...many over $10,000, and one over $100,000.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Old 09-30-2010, 08:52 PM   #36
tuga

Clarke,

Looks like the real deal; you bring up some good points. What do you think of a 1994 45' Newell selling for $62,000!

IMO, that is way low! But, in today's market who knows. I guess - it is what it is!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 09-30-2010, 11:28 PM   #37
Richard and Rhonda

I may be wrong, but I think it's the real deal.

Here's why. Back in the spring, before I left Fort Worth. I went to this place and evaluated a Country Coach for a fellow. Turns out I had actually seriously looked at this same coach three years earlier at another dealer in Texas. I watched as it sat on that dealers lot for three years.

So I was suprised to see the coach at Christian's place, at a FAR lower price than what I had been looking at three years ago.

So I drove the coach and had several discussions with both the dealer and the new owner. The dealer looks for coaches at sale that he thinks he can sell low and turn quickly.

The nice thing about the whole experience was that when I showed up at the lot as the "evaluator", and not a potential buyer, I didn't deal with all the happy HS. They gave me free reign, and unlimited driving privileges. It was a totally different experience than when I acted like a "buyer". It was quite fun.

It's the third time I have played that role for a buyer, and all three times the dealership treated me quite differently. There was no sales talk at all. No questions.

This is the very same dealer and place that lowballed a coach about a year ago. It showed up on Ebay again, and then quickly disappeared. Weird stuff happens in deals, but I think this one is legit. The guy is buying wholesale and selling at a little above wholesale on an as is basis.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:57 AM   #38
chockwald

Tuga....of course, that is an amazing deal....seems to be about $30-40,000 under market minimum.
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Old 10-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #39
tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard and Rhonda View Post
I may be wrong, but I think it's the real deal.

Here's why. Back in the spring, before I left Fort Worth. I went to this place and evaluated a Country Coach for a fellow. Turns out I had actually seriously looked at this same coach three years earlier at another dealer in Texas. I watched as it sat on that dealers lot for three years.

So I was suprised to see the coach at Christian's place, at a FAR lower price than what I had been looking at three years ago.

So I drove the coach and had several discussions with both the dealer and the new owner. The dealer looks for coaches at sale that he thinks he can sell low and turn quickly.

The nice thing about the whole experience was that when I showed up at the lot as the "evaluator", and not a potential buyer, I didn't deal with all the happy HS. They gave me free reign, and unlimited driving privileges. It was a totally different experience than when I acted like a "buyer". It was quite fun.

It's the third time I have played that role for a buyer, and all three times the dealership treated me quite differently. There was no sales talk at all. No questions.

This is the very same dealer and place that lowballed a coach about a year ago. It showed up on Ebay again, and then quickly disappeared. Weird stuff happens in deals, but I think this one is legit. The guy is buying wholesale and selling at a little above wholesale on an as is basis.
Richard,

I called and talked to Christian, and he said the buyer hasn't contacted him yet. He said that if the buyer doesn't contact him shortly, he will sell the coach to the second highest bidder if that bidder is still interested. He said that eBay is a weird market. He has put coaches on 2 or 3 times and the bids will increase in dollars each time. Then again the opposite will happen.

I agree with you; this guy is legit. He is just flipping; buy at wholesale and sell a little bit higher (hopefully).

He indicated to me that the present market value is about 40% less than normal depreciation. Boy, I'm glad I don't have to sell now. This market has got to be killing the RV dealers (who have to buy and sell to stay alive!).

Question: Will the market value that has been lost in this downturn ever come back up? Or is it lost forever.
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
Old 10-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #40
jwe648

Default This one problaly has hit the Market Botton...

Time before the Newell.. Saw this.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-...item43a217e42a

But ... I even have my limitations....

Jimmy