Kuppersbusch flush-mounted 3-Burner Cooktop - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
MarkofSJC

Default Kuppersbusch flush-mounted 3-Burner Cooktop

We're looking at purchasing a coach that has this for the cook top. We're used to cooking with gas, but I've never heard of this type of cook top. Is it simply an electric cook top, or something else? Apparently it's an expensive option and looks like four chambers of a honeycomb (3 burners and a touch-operated control pad.

I would love to hear from anyone who is familiar with them, especially if you've used them.

I like the fact it's flush with the counter top, but wonder if it's a huge electric draw vs. a propane set up.

Thanks!
Mark

MarkofSJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #2
tuga

I think that the Kupperbush cooktop is about the coolest amenity I have ever seen in a coach. I love it; at least the way it looks!

I don't know much more about it, but I am sure that it draws about the same as the old Gaggeau cook tops.

Once you get used to it you'll be fine.

Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
rheavn

Mark,
Have you given Newell a call? They can answer your questions as the Kuppersbusch units have not been used by Newell very long so people having first hand knowledge may be limited. Also Google "Kuppersbusch honeycomb cooktops" and you can read all about the units including downloading use and care manual, warranty info and installation manual.
The biggest difference between the Gaggenau cooktops Newell used to use and the Kuppersbusch units is the way they are installed. In a counterspace is limited environment the flush mount adds to countertop usage. On the Gaggenau units they hid them under a countertop cover to increase countertop space. Cost & electric usage appears similar.
This is the first all electric coach I have owned, but my sticks & bricks is all electric. I don't miss having to fill a propane tank at all. The biggest change we made when going from the propane cooktop to the electric cooktop was the Revereware copper bottomed pans would not work on the Gaggenau. A new set of Farberware flat bottomed pans fixed that.
Not sure what your concerns are with the electric draw. On my Country Coach you just kept turning stuff on until the breaker popped. On the Newell safeguards are built into the system. For example when you turn on the electric AquaHot it shuts off the #2 & #3 air conditioners. If it is hot we just run the diesel AquaHot. If you are only plugged into 30 amp power certain things such as the cooktop will not run unless you use the genset or hook up to 50 amp power. I also have a four meter system where I can monitor incoming power voltage on each leg and monitor amperage usage on each leg. We much prefer the all electric coach and have had no overload issues.