need help with wiring schematic for intek rear vsion camera - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
champcar50

Default need help with wiring schematic for intek rear vsion camera

My Newell has a intec model 9112 rear vision system and it has stopped working. there is no voltage to the two wires with fuses in them that go to the rear of the monitor. these wires go up the post in tne center of the windshield and into a bundle of wires and then to where I do not know. Does any one have a wiring schematic for one of these systems. I am tempted to just bypass the exisiting wires and provide 12 volts and see if it will work. Thanks in advance for your help
Jack

champcar50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:38 AM   #2
fulltiming

Typically, one power wire is feed from the switched position of the ignition so that when ignition is turned on, the monitor comes to life. On my '92 there is a fuse (#7) on a panel in front of the passengers seat that supplies voltage to the backup lights, the HWH Leveling and the Backup Monitor. On mine the power wire from fuse 7 going to the Backup Monitor is red BUT since I have a Sony backup monitor yours may be entirely different. Try http://www.intecvideo.com/troubleshooting.php for some troubleshooting information.

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #3
champcar50

Thanks for your reply. I talked with intec today and they were very helpful. One of the fused wires is the ignition and the other one is for the reverse lights. I tried hooking a 12v source to the red wire ane the system worked again so all I need to find is the fuse for it. I will check all the fuses in front of the passenger seat for voltage. The person at intec also provided a trouble shooting guide for my system and I learned there are adjustments on the system to provide a sharper image.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #4
champcar50

Thanks for your reply. I talked with intec today and they were very helpful. One of the fused wires is the ignition and the other one is for the reverse lights. I tried hooking a 12v source to the red wire and the system worked again so all I need to find is the fuse for it. I will check all the fuses in front of the passenger seat for voltage. The person at intec also provided a trouble shooting guide for my system and I learned there are adjustments on the system to provide a sharper image.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #5
prarieschooner

I found most of the missing Manuals in another hidden storage area and I do have a Manual for the INTEC System that was most likely installed new in 1982. I read the Manual and Filed it so if your System is close to the same age (1982) I may be able to give you some help.
Good to know that INTEC is still here and was so helpful. I would like to up-grade my Monitor if it isn't too expensive since my System is still operational.
prarieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote