New Owners - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2008, 03:19 AM   #1
mrproinc

Default New Owners

My wife and I are about to be the new owners of #1258. Never in our wildest imagination did we think this ownership is where our rv experiences were taking us. All though rv'ing and boating have been at the center of our lives for 20 years plus, we never thought we were this uncontrolled in our spending emotions. After boating and RV'ing for 20 some years, we became frustrated with dealing with service issues. I can't tell you about the number of things I have dealt with my present 06 coach. I am tired of fighting these issues and hope our recent purchase has eliminated most of our issues. I am tired of fixing things, and on a coach of this value, hope that I don't have to continue to search for solutions. I have found that sites such as this one are some of the best info spots around. I hope to continue to garner info this site, and will post when I feel that my meager offerings might be of some use to someone.

mrproinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:42 AM   #2
fulltiming

Welcome to NewellClassics and to Newell ownership. If you look at the number of repeat Newell owners, it is obvious that Newell builds a quality product and provides great service.

There are a wide variety of owners and coaches on this site. Many of the posts deal with coaches that were made from the late 70's through the mid '90's. However, there are several owners of new or almost new Newells that participate.

I think that everyone will be interested in your thoughts regarding your Newell. Certainly coming from an extensive boating and rv'ing background, your insight and comparisons will be of significant interest.

The thought that goes into the design, materials and construction of a Newell show. Having had a number of previous rv's, we had, and continue to have, the same kind of enthusiasm you are expressing ever since we first located our Newell.

We appreciate you sharing your experiences with us.

Welcome aboard!

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:36 AM   #3
Richard and Rhonda

Welcome aboard.

It will very interesting to hear about your experience as you take delivery of your new coach. Many of us went from other brands and styles to the Newell marque because of the construction and the quality. However, as Mike said, we primarily deal with coaches that are long out of Newell's warranty. However, I have never called to get a part or ask a question that I was not treated with the utmost respect. If they treat me that way ordering a 20.00 part, then I can only imagine how they treat the buyers of their new coaches.

Tell us about your coach.....floorplan, engine, tranny. We would like to hear about the previous coach to know what you are comparing this one to.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:12 PM   #4
Mikeh

Mrproinc,
Welcome to Newell ownership. We took delivery of coach #1252 in October. You probably made the right choice. We love our coach. As with any coach you will have problems. Our coach now has about 5000 miles on it and is now at the factory getting its first check up. Nothing serious, just fixing some small things. With a coach with as many moving parts and switches as a Newell has I was amazed at how few issues we had. When we delivered it for the check up there were about 8 people working on her at the same time. Each one seemed to be very concerned about their task and jumped right in. Making no excuses. Very impressive.
We saw your coach at the Tampa show in January. Very nice. I love the colors and the big slide is unbelievable. Looks like a house inside. Like you, we chose the allison transmission because of how smooth it operates.
You will learn to love this site. I check it every day. Everyone seems to be very eager to help if they can. Love reading about their projects and solutions. Michael Day is a owners manual with legs. If he can't tell you how to fix it, he knows who can. Have fun with your new toy. Mike Haddox
Mikeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #5
hlfdzn

Welcome aboard Mrproinc!

I can only second the comments about the customer service of Newell. They are the best bar none. I wish more companies would model their customer service after that of Newells. And has Richard said, it doesn't matter if you are the owner of a 20-30 year old coach or a new one.

Mike H., your description of Michael is very fitting... lol
'93 45' #320
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
hlfdzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:21 AM   #6
larryweikart

Welcome, Mrproinc. You've chosen the right Coach, just try to remember any vehicle manufactured by man will need some tender loving care as will any home built by man and now you have both combined into one. Just kick back and enjoy. You have the very best after sale service this industry offers, bar none. Happy travels! Look forward to hearing about your experiences.

1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote