Septi-King automatic tank chemical dispense - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
Newell Attack

Default Septi-King automatic tank chemical dispense

I was at an RV show a while back I saw a septi-king remote tank dispenser. I thought it was neat and was thinking about buying one for our Classic Newell. What is does exactly is it automatically dispenses the tank treatment for you so that way you don't have to. Is it worth the $94.00 or is it considered a waste of money and being lazy? :lol: Be honest with me please.

Jeff

Jeff & Leann Shackly
Newell Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
The Newell

Hi Jeff,

I am not familiar with that particular unit... but I have looked at ones that do the same basic thing.
My opinion is there just a bell/whistle, something else to become a problem latter on done the road.
If you want one and feel that it would make your life easier then go buy one and come back and let all of us know how you like it.

Hope I didn't come across to cynical, I didn't mean to if I did.

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #3
GringoPhil

A lot depends on what you are going to 'dispense' in your tank.
I hope you are not thinking of using one of the formaldehyde based chemicals. The main thing is to have good aerobic bacteria out number the bad bacteria, and you should not have any odor. A bit of Mean Green, Pure Power, Roebic, K.O, Ridex, or the best, Eco-Save will keep you odorless, without chemicals.

< Active BACTERIA will do the job. A properly set up and maintained system won't need much either. As opposed to chemicals (where more and more must be used with less and less effect), when adding bacteria "less is better." It's important that you follow the instructions. You must start with a clean tank (or residual chemicals will defeat the action). You need to start the tank with a few gallons of water. You shouldn't add the bacteria until there's a deposit of human waste in there. If you do it right, it will take about three, in normal use, dumps before you have a good, renewable system. You can then keep it going with only small additions of bacteria every other dump or even fewer.>
Old 10-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
voyager1

Voyager1 here from Cape Coral, Florida.

A gem of a product with an answer to
many RV'er's black water tank prayers.

Odorlos Holding Tank Treatment
Yara - Odorlos - Holding Tank Treatment for Boats and RVs
1-800-869-8764

No masking odor and works great at neutralizing
black water tank odor via enzyme action.

Picked up a 68 oz container for around $20.00
Has an internal measuring cup built into the bottle
and 1/2 cup per 40 gallons of tank size.

No formaldehyde and 100% Biodegradable.

We are between motorhomes now but have
a Thetford Electric Porta-potty in our 2000 Chevy
Express conversion van.

Every thing we tried before got quite ripe smelling
within 3 weeks in the hot, summer Florida heat.

Then we came upon this jewel of a tank treatment
at West Marine. For this we are most grateful and
wish to spread the good news to fellow RV'ers.

Prior to using this product, we had used the Thetford Blue
formaldehyde holding tank chemical, then tried the orange
citrus based chemical, neither suppressed the odor very long.

Now this product which I have no affiliation with,
was the first that worked for us and wished I had it
back in 1991-1995 when full-timing in our 21' Cortez Motorhome.

Below is information was taken off the container,
you might find it at Camping World or RV supply houses.

Here is the entire text from the back of the bottle:

Odorlos holding tank treatment eliminates all odors while breaking down wast and tissue.
Odorlos also lubricates the valves, contains no formaldehyde and is 100% biodegradable.
Odorlos works without masking perfumes or staining dyes - it eliminates odors naturally,
effectively and environmentally friendly, this technology is used for odor control world wide by
waste treatment and water treatment plants.

Contents: A nutrient for the naturally occurring bacteria in the waste consisting of nitrate,
magnesium and potassium.

Manufactured by:
Hydro Agri North America Inc.
100 North Tampa Street, Suite 3200
Tampa, Florida 33602 U.S.A.

For more information call 1-800-869-8764
Yara - Odorlos - Holding Tank Treatment for Boats and RVs or email: sales@odorlos.com
The UPC barcode on the container reads:
7 6363004930 5

If anyone is a chemist perhaps they could reverse engineer this by chemical analysis - then you
could make it yourself for pennies.

Some folks have used Rid-X (found in grocery stores),
for home septic systems and holding tanks on boats.

That might work great as well - I believe it has the digestive
enzymes, Trypsin and Chymotrypsin in it - which interestingly enough
are major digestive enzymes found in Pancreatin extracted from hogs.

Dr. William Donald Kelly DDS who wrote One Answer to Cancer maintains that Chymotrypsin
is an agent which can stop the progression of cancer and used it successfully for many years.

And wouldn't that be interesting, if in your little box of Rid-X septic cleaner, you had a solution
for reversing cancer?

All good wishes and happy odorless motorhoming adventures!

voyager1
----------------
voyager1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
CAPTWatson

Voyager1 that's interesting stuff I'm going to look into it because once I have a coach I want an odorless tank!
CAPTWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:01 AM   #6
stewart33

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <woNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <wontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <wontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <wontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->It's important to use a good quality liquid chemical odor control product in your tank. A friend suggested Aqua Kem to me a few years back I've never had to use it but they had nothing but success they claimed it did the job.

Aqua Kem Liquid Chemical Odor Control
stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:34 AM   #7
86loco

On my '86 I have a non functional Sanitron electronic odor control system on my waste tank and when I spoke with Newell Coach on the phone a couple of years ago they told they do not use them any longer and that they thought the business is long gone. They recommended the same Aqua-Kem by Thetford Stewart33 listed above. Hard to beat that price as well.