Close to Purchase need an RV Inspector - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
MidnightMason

Default Close to Purchase need an RV Inspector

hey all! been lurking here for quite a while. the wife and I are pretty close to making our purchase and as part of the process, we want to hire an independent RV inspector on any MH we're truly interested in. we're located in Virgina, but looking at rigs all over the northeast. specifically there's one in upstate NY and we're looking for somebody to inspect in that area. I can't bring myself to trust a dealer, whether auto or rv!

I've searched the forums but haven't come across anything - so thought I'd ask directly.

please respond if anybody has recommendations. Thanks so much!

Mason Rolsky

MidnightMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
rellick

Hi Mason, I just recently purchased one myself, I just went on google and typed in RV inspector and(city where the coach is located) and a list of them popped up, I picked the one I thought was the most reputable. This worked out very well for me. Good luck!!

22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
NewellCrazy

I would consider a RV inspector to be in the same category as a home inspector. Many of them do not know any more than you know. Make sure you screen them with a few questions to make sure they know their stuff.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
prairieschooner

But some could be great, being a Marine Surveyor I do this job on boats. I also have sample surveys that I send out to show what my work is like so you should be able to ask for that.
While I agree with Sean in that some are not great others are very experienced. You may need to pay travel expenses to get a good one but how much are you spending? Be very careful about a salesman that has one "in the pocket". Still they would only be on and in the coach for a few hours, I think that I inspected the '82 that we bought for about 8-9 hours in 2 days. And I sent out Oil Samples to a Lab for Analysis.

In Morro Bay today and off to Moss Landing this afternoon
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
express1

Buy my coach and I will do the inspection for free![ATTACH][/ATTACH]
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
speedingsport

Please note: you should have a inspector who doesn't own the coach inspect it. haha
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #7
MrE

I don't know about that, if I was to buy a coach from the Newell factory and Karl Blade offered to do the inspection I would be honored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedingsport View Post
Please note: you should have a inspector who doesn't own the coach inspect it. haha
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:46 PM   #8
Neweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by express1 View Post
Buy my coach and I will do the inspection for free![ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Not to kiss any a$$ around here, but I have to believe by what I know of this coach that if Matt (express1) is throwing in the inspection, you will probably get a COMPLETE once over on all "needed to know" aspects of this awesome well maintained coach. It's in great shape and probably worth more $$$ than the majority of all other '96 Newell's out there. I wouldn't also suspect you could negotiate a full stocked cabinet. In fact If I were inclined to buy it, I would ask for the 50 yr old bottle of JD tucked away! Just saying.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote