fmca? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
NeverEnding

Question fmca?

Is it just another thing or place to join or hold membership at? I'm not into joining up just cause everyone else is doing it. Do any of you belong to fmca? is it worth it and what are the real benefits to being a member?

Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford
NeverEnding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

Tom, as far as I am concerned, FMCA membership is a must. I have been a member for over 25 years. Their monthly magazine always contains information of importance to motorhome owners, their twice annual rally is great and they sponsor some good tours.

2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
jack14r

The FMCA deal with Michelin will save you about 2 thousand dollars on just 8 tires.That should pay for many years of membership.
jack14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:36 AM   #4
Barthman

That is really hard to believe? This is true? I gather it mus be or you folks would not be sharing about it. Where does a person find the information regarding this disount? I'm looking on their website right now.
Barthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
RussWhite

What is hard to believe? Are you doubting the Michelin tire information? The link is right in the middle of their home page, but in case you missed it I have copied the information and pasted it below.

[TABLE="class: contentpaneopen"]
[TR]
[TD="class: contentheading, width: 100%"]Tire Connection - Michelin Advantage Program[/TD]
[TD="class: buttonheading, width: 100%, align: right"][/TD]
[TD="class: buttonheading, width: 100%, align: right"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: contentpaneopen"]
[TR]
[TD]FMCA is a Consumer Association member of the Michelin Advantage Program. This program is intended to provide competitive prices on Michelin RV tires at all authorized Michelin RV tire dealers that handle national accounts.
Not all Michelin dealers are authorized to handle national accounts, so please contact dealers in advance to make sure they can administer the Advantage Program.
The Michelin Advantage Program does not guarantee the lowest price, as local dealers may be able to provide local customers with better prices. In today's environment, raw material costs have driven tire prices up recently, and some dealers may have tire inventory purchased before some of these increases, which may allow them to provide even more competitive prices than the Advantage Program provides.
The Michelin Consumer Association Advantage Program brought to you by FMCA will allow members to buy new tires at the program price at any authorized Michelin RV Tire Dealer across the United States. This could come in especially handy when a tire emergency occurs while a member is traveling.
Click here to see a flier that shows sample prices for common Michelin RV tires, under the Advantage program. For estimated pricing on additional tires not on the sample list, please contact the FMCA Membership department at membership@fmca.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or (800) 543-3622.
Members should visit www.michelinrvtires.com to locate an authorized Michelin RV tire dealer, to research tires, and to select the right tires for your motorhome. The tires listed on that site are included in the program.
FMCA members will always need to follow the instructions provided by FMCA in order for dealers to recognize them as Advantage Program members, including providing their FMCA membership number and expiration date.
Any fees for mounting, balancing, state and local taxes, and tire disposal are extra and quoted locally by the servicing dealer, so those fees are not included in the program.
The tire purchase must be paid for with a credit card — VISA, MasterCard or American Express — at the servicing dealership. Michelin’s corporate office will charge the credit card the discounted price. FMCA will then send the member — via e-mail — a copy of the invoice that reflects the total with the Advantage Program tire price.
Currently, the FMCA Michelin Advantage Program is available at authorized Michelin dealers within the United States. The Michelin Advantage Program was originally designed to support trucking customers. FMCA is bringing the opportunity for RV owners to access the benefits of the program.
For Michelin RV tire questions, visit www.michelinrvtires.com or call Michelin Customer Care at (800) 847-3435. Or, visit an authorized Michelin RV tire dealer.
[h=4]FMCA Michelin Advantage Program — Instructions (FMCA member login required)[/h]Click here for instructions on how to purchase tires using the FMCA Advantage Program account (member sign-in required).
For more information about the FMCA Michelin Advantage Program, contact FMCA's Membership department: membership@fmca.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .
To join FMCA, vist the join page or call FMCA at (800) 543-3622.

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
Neweller

I believe an FMCA membership is a great thing either way you shake a stick at it. With or without the tire deal. This tire program is just a bonus. Like the information Russ posted above states they don't guarantee the necessarily the lowest price, but you will be taken care of.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
1993Newell

fmca is a great place to hold membership. Like Chester we have been members for many many years.

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #8
speedingsport

Tom and Donna you can try out the free subscription of the magazine - Free Trial Issue of the Best Magazine for Motorhome Owners
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:32 AM   #9
Cheri Smith

FMCA is a wonderful resource! FMCA Member Benefits | Connections

1979 Newell Classic
Cheri Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:39 AM   #10
prairieschooner

Some memberships just deserve to be supported, and this is one of them!
FMCA #52270S
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:43 AM   #11
The Newell

I agree, FMCA is a great membership actually a must have for many.

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote