Coach #530 Has A New Owner - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
RussWhite

Default Coach #530 Has A New Owner

Hi Folks - My name is Russ White and I just purchased #530 in Phoenix AZ. A big thank you to Tom and Darlene McCloud, for their exptertise and hospatality. The experience was totally enjoyable ( well maybe the red eye back wasn't ) with all inspections and tests going very well. I had to leave it behind, but will return in June to drive back "home" to Tennessee. The coach is it for a big chance as it will no longer enjoy most days in covered comfort, trading that for fulltime living and tree sap and bird poop. It will get good care and things that don't work will get fixed. I'm a retired EE and snowbird now between Tennessee and the Keys of Florida. I may have to add in a little more traveling as the ride seems very nice. My wonderful home fore the last 10 years has been a Holiday Rambler Imperial which will move on hopefully to proivde the next person with as much comfort and reliability as I have enjoyed.
530 was driven by a professional driver for the past 5 years, so many of the questions I would have expected the owner to answer got nothing but a shrug and maybe a call to the driver for an answer. I'll figure it all out along the way, but sure plan on getting the help of this group when I get stuck. I hope to stop at Miami on the way east and see what that is all about. RussClick image for larger version

Name:	DSC01711 (Large).jpg
Views:	153
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	696

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01744 (Large).jpg
Views:	131
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	697

RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:55 AM   #2
chockwald

Welcome, Russ! Talked with Tom right after your visit. The one thing you will find out is that you bought more than a Newell....you have now enlarged your circle of friends significantly. Most here will tell you that the friendships they have formed are an uexpected benefit and blessing of Newell ownership. Most everyone we have met will happily give you the shirt off their back.

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:06 AM   #3
encantotom

Russ is a neat guy and we had a ball with him. we talked him into staying at our house and tried to have him stay longer.....

i went and looked at the coach and i gotta tell you it is absolutely beautiful. he got an awesome coach.

welcome russ!

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #4
Richard and Rhonda

Welcome to the crowd.

Ron Skeen is a Tenn boy. Rhonda's from Chattanooga, and has roots in Seveirville.

Ask away on the questions. The learning never stops.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
Richard and Rhonda

When you get back to the coach, I would like to see some up close details on the belt tensioner. I have a periodic problem with the AC alternator belt slipping. Newell must have spec'd something different later. I sure would like to see the setup. I noticed it in the dyno picture.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
RussWhite

Default Belt Tensioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard and Rhonda View Post
When you get back to the coach, I would like to see some up close details on the belt tensioner. I have a periodic problem with the AC alternator belt slipping. Newell must have spec'd something different later. I sure would like to see the setup. I noticed it in the dyno picture.
Richard - No problem. I'll take some good closeups and post the best I have now below. The belt is worn out and I will replace it before the drive. It's nice to be a member of this very helpful group.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01727 (Large).jpg
Views:	140
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	719  
Old 04-17-2010, 03:54 AM   #7
fulltiming

Great to have you with us Russ. Congratulations on your new coach. If Tom says it is a great coach, I know that you will be happy.

Let us know if we can answer any questions.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #8
rheavn

Congrats on the new coach. We own coach #531, so you would think that they would be very similar. In looking at the photos you posted I was amazed at all the differences I could see. If there are any questions I can answer feel free to ask. I'm in a fast learning mode myself.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #9
RussWhite

Hi Steve and Suzy,

Yes, I suspect it looks a lot different. The previous owner bought it from Newell as a used coach. He had them make some big time changes. It got an entire new front end and new electronics and entertainment system that are located there. The lights were changed to what were being installed by Newell at the time - in 2004 or 2005 I think. Then the entire bus was repainted.
Thanks for your offer of help. The PO was not much help as it was always professionally driven to the track for him and he just flew in and stayed in it for the race week. I am sure there will be a lot of things that remain the same between our coaches and since you have a head start on the learning curve I will be coming for advice. I plan to drive it "home" sometime in June. I am thinking a stop at the factory on the way would be nice. Take care, Russ
Old 04-30-2010, 12:36 AM   #10
chockwald

Russ.....definitely stop by the factory on the way home. They have a nice RV park in back with electric and water. Go in the front office and arrange for a personal tour. They will treat you like you just ordered a 2010 Newell!
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:59 AM   #11
Neweller

Hey Russ, a very big welcome to the family!

Nice garage it was stored in down in the good ole' desert. Was that the racing teams headquarters? I'm assuming it was a racing team, since you stated a driver owned it. I am thinking I seen this one before. It would be nice to obtain some of the original pics before Newell Coach did the updates. That's what will be nice once the gallery gets even fuller in the coming years. Folks will have somewhat of a record on many Newell's.

Ken White
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #12
RussWhite

Ken,

We might be family in more ways than one :-) Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, the coach was part of a racing team, but is presently stored in a huge steel rebar plant near the airport in Phoenix. I don't have any pictures from the owner taken before the upgrade. I do have the pdf file that Newell produced with a picture as new as well as the floorplan and list of options. I will see if I can post a pdf file to the gallery. It would make an interesting data point for a 1999. I'll be back with lots of questions before too long. Russ
Old 05-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #13
RussWhite

Default File size limit

There was a 19.5k limit on file size so I was unable to upload the pdf files showing the coach as it was in 1999 or the CAD drawing for plan and side views. If anyone is interested you may private me with an email address and I will send you the files.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:03 AM   #14
RussWhite

I'm at the factory right now. Arrived this afternoon just as they closed. Parked in one of their nice concrete guest slots with water and electricity. I arrived without much warning and may not be able to accomplish much. What questions they cannot answer may just get posted here for the consideration of the list members. The place is somehow bigger and busier than I had imagined. They told me they are taking appointments 6 weeks in the future. I am keeping my fingers crossed I'll at least get some burning questions answered. I'll get back with you all later on how it goes.

Russ White with Cynthia, my daughter
Old 06-23-2010, 04:33 AM   #15
afrench45

Hi Russ,
I tried to get an appointment this week and they said they have been booked solid the past few weeks! Thank goodness I did get one next Monday! It usually is best to call and schedule and appointment, and they can tell you how long they think the items will take to fix! Goodluck, and ask any questions and I'm sure any one of the great members of this site will try to help you! Enjoy your coach and being in Miami!
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:25 AM   #16
fulltiming

Russ if you would like to email the pdf to me at mday at newellowner dot com I can host it on my website and provide a link to it here.

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote