1991 Repo - no reserve - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #21
folivier

I was thinking the same thing Ken. I've seen this happen before where a schill bidder working for the seller tries to run the price up and actually wins the bid. Then the coach mysteriously appears a few weeks later.

1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #22
Charlotte Rosita

Really? That is disappointing. I had no idea this kind of fraudulent thing was going on. If anyone on this forum is bidding on this coach beware!

Old 03-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #23
Neweller

Exactly Forest! Here's a tactic that they appear to be using that Mr. Olivers down in Texas used on me when buying my first Newell over ten years ago. First off when you talk to them by phone especially on a second or third call with them, they will open you up and ask the magic question of what do you think it's going to bring or really worth? Red Flag for a Shill. Second, these type of sellers will always advertise how they sell so cheap and only care to make a little profit and sell volumes so others can get great deals. Red Flag. Third, We just sell them as/is and let them go to the highest bidder without a reserve so that you can get a deal, we just don't care. But of course you have to remember the (POS) is AS/IS! Red Flag again. Anything I have missed?

Do we need more proof, because I have it?

And Forest, they can always say the high bidder backed out. And if they feel like ebay might be getting wind of there shilling, then they either chill for a while, come up with another bidder name. Which most that are a little smarter will season multiple names and good build good feedback using different IP addresses if their smarter. Some have alternate seller names as well.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:16 PM   #24
MrE

I feel like I'm getting smarter just by reading this forum.

1. Mr. Olivers and Karolina Koaches....bad.
2. Motorhomes of Texas...................good.

Thanks for the heads up everyone.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #25
NewellCrazy

Ken,

I think your right and after further checking I noticed that this same bidder (U***I)(354)has been bidding on multiple units from 24K to 87K dollar motor homes. That is by far a broad price range and the bidder is always one of the final people to bid on their coaches. Could they be bidding on their own stuff? Very good chance but I will let everyone else be the judge.

Sean

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ebay4.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	3663Click image for larger version

Name:	Ebay3.jpg
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	3664Click image for larger version

Name:	Ebay2.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	3665Click image for larger version

Name:	Ebay.jpg
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	3666

Name:	ebay5.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	340.1 KB
ID:	3667

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #26
Charlotte Rosita

I think it is great everyone looks out for each other on this forum. A tight niche community looking out for one another. It should be like that more often in the world. Great investigation Sean. Sellers should not get away with selling high dollar coaches like that when they are bidding on the coach themselves to raise the price! Someone should turn them into ebay!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:42 PM   #27
Charlotte Rosita

Ebay's Shill bidding policy

Shill bidding happens when anyone—including family, friends, roommates, employees, or online connections—bids on an item with the intent to artificially increase its price or desirability.

Shill bidding is also illegal in many places and can carry severe penalties.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #28
MrE

We'll see if they have an answer before the bidding ends

Name:	eBay question.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	3668
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Old 03-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #29
Neweller

Well Jon, they have been outbid by another buyer and may back off after receiving this message. This high bidder may end up with it for a couple of grand less then they are wanting to take em. Figuring they lowered the price on their website from 50k to 40k tells me they need to get it in the low to mid 30's. My hunch is that they bought it for around $12k at a Manheim Auction out of Florida. There was one that sold down there for that. I don't think they needed to shill on this one, there are a couple of people interested in it still.

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 03-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #30
MrE

I think we all need to turn them in and get the winning bidder some of his money back. Have you looked at the bid history for the guy running it up?

Bidder Information
Bidder: u***i( 354)
Item description: No Reserve Used 44' Newell Detroit 470hp Diesel Full Paint Needs TLC Cheap REPO
Bids on this item: 27

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 51
Items bid on: 9
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 84%
Bid retractions: 0
Bid retractions (6 months): 0

30-Day Bid History
Category No. of Bids Seller Last Bid

eBay Motors > RVs & Campers 27 Seller 1 3h
eBay Motors > BMW 1 Seller 2 3d 18h
eBay Motors > RVs & Campers 1 Seller 3 5d 23h
eBay Motors > RVs & Campers 2 Seller 4 23h
eBay Motors > RVs & Campers 1 Seller 5 4d 19h
eBay Motors > RVs & Campers 14 Seller 1 <1h
eBay Motors > RVs & Campers 2 Seller 6 <1h
eBay Motors > RVs & Campers 2 Seller 1 8h
eBay Motors > RVs & Campers 1 Seller 7 <1h

To keep eBay a safe place for buyers and sellers, member-specific information is not displayed in the bid history. Review the rules for buyers.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Old 03-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #31
NewellCrazy

Jon, I agree and I reported them to ebay earlier. Anyone with an ebay account should log in and click report this item on the listing page.

Sean

Old 03-24-2013, 11:31 PM   #32
Neweller

Looks like there are possibly more than one name running multiple items being offered by these guys. It looks like the one, two, three until you get er' to where it's ok to cut it loose. When you know you have at least one person telling you they will pay a certain amount, you can run the pack until it's there. hum...........

I don't want to here about one person around here getting the screwing by anyone out there, period................................

-Bob Marley
Old 03-24-2013, 11:34 PM   #33
MrE

File a report
Report item
Report Category: Listing practices

Reason for Report: Fraudulent listing activities

Detailed Reason; Seller is using other accounts to inflate item price

The seller, a member or the seller's family, a co-worker of the seller, or one of the seller's friends placed a bid on their own listing.
Before reporting an item, please review the eBay Listings Policies.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Old 03-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #34
GORDON HUMMEL

Funny, I was going to post a comment on Mr Oliver's after reading Forest's experience with MOT. In Jan 2008 I saw the listing on Ebay by Mr Oliver's for my Newell. It was listed @ $70K, with "make an offer". I offered $60K & Paul came back @ $65. I accepted. I called Monday, the next day, & explained it was a holiday, so I couldn't wire a deposit. He responded that I sounded honest & if I could pick it up by Friday, no deposit was required.

I arrived Friday & took the coach for a test ride. All was as expected & we closed the deal. It was sold as is, but they stated everything worked. They were prepared to take as much time as necessary to go over all the features, but I told them I had owned motorhomes for 30 years & it would not be necessay.

About 2-3 weeks later, after I had moved into the coach, I found that the front furnace would not light, & the frig freezed everything.
I called them, & they sent a new control board for the furnace & some part that went inside the frig that fixed the problem.

They didn't have to send any parts, but they did @ NC.

Anyway my 2 cents
1991 41.5' #266
8v92
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT Toad
Fulltime on the road
GORDON HUMMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:56 PM   #35
Barthman

Like Charita said, It is really great of you guys to bring this shinanigans to light if it so. I have a friend that bought a coach from them last year and wondered if this had happened to him. I told him that how can any seller really let all his selling motorhomes go without a reserve or a way to protect himself. Of course to schill! This is illegal in all 50 states and punishable by law.
2002 Honda LX Manual Trans
Blue Ox Aladdin Tow Bar

Interested in Trading Up to a Larger Luxury Coach
Like a Newell, Wanderlodge, Featherlite, Marathon, Millennium, will Consider Others
Barthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:01 AM   #36
MrE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON HUMMEL View Post
Funny, I was going to post a comment on Mr Oliver's after reading Forest's experience with MOT. In Jan 2008 I saw the listing on Ebay by Mr Oliver's for my Newell. It was listed @ $70K, with "make an offer". I offered $60K & Paul came back @ $65. I accepted. I called Monday, the next day, & explained it was a holiday, so I couldn't wire a deposit. He responded that I sounded honest & if I could pick it up by Friday, no deposit was required.

I arrived Friday & took the coach for a test ride. All was as expected & we closed the deal. It was sold as is, but they stated everything worked. They were prepared to take as much time as necessary to go over all the features, but I told them I had owned motorhomes for 30 years & it would not be necessay.

About 2-3 weeks later, after I had moved into the coach, I found that the front furnace would not light, & the frig freezed everything.
I called them, & they sent a new control board for the furnace & some part that went inside the frig that fixed the problem.

They didn't have to send any parts, but they did @ NC.

Anyway my 2 cents
Good information Gordon! The more information we get on the forum the better off we are! Brothers in arms!
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Old 03-25-2013, 12:41 AM   #37
Neweller

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <woNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <wontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <wontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <wontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Gordon, I never really wanted to share about my experience at Mr. Oliver’s since I knew there are many that would not believe that they would do such a thing. I

too liked dealing with Paul Davis and thought he and his wife were really nice people. His employee took us fishing. We stayed down at the lot for three days trying

to get acquainted with the coach. I was so ecstatic about the coach and in awe that I screwed myself. Let me go back to my conversation with Paul on the

telephone 3 days prior to the auction ending; I had spoke with him on at least three different occasions, on the last time we spoke before the auction ended, I was

the high bidder at $13,100 thinking was going to get a steal of a deal on this coach, Paul asks me what do I think it will bring? I told him; I don't know, I was

thinking $18k would be OK, but it could bring $22k or something but that I really hope I end up with it. He then said that he didn't care if it ended where it was at

and hoped I ended up with it. He made his money. The auction ended with me being the high bidder for $27,600.00. I called him right away and the told me I

needed to get him a $2000.00 deposit within 48 hours because he has another back up buyer for it. Of course the next morning I overnighted him a deposit. I then

called him on the phone and gave him the tracking number and asked if I could pick the coach up by the weekend, he replied; if you can wait a little longer, we like

to go through everything on these coaches, change the fluids etc...., for our customers. I thought ok, I can wait. I got stalled for over 2 weeks. When I arrived

down at his place I was presently greeted and felt very comfortable. After being at the lot for a couple of days and going over the coach, the water pump quit and

I told him, he gave me a new one. I told him the DVD player didn't work, he offered me a new one. His wife was so nice, that she took my wife shopping for bedding

to make our trip more pleasurable. We really enjoyed the purchase at Mr. Oliver’s. Now, we decided it was time to roll-on back to California with our new to us

prized Newell. On the way home, the throttle spring caught and I didn't realize it til I was rolling into the rest area. I decided to get back on the freeway and call

Paul and tell him I was having problems. I didn't want to stop at the rest area with the thing at almost wide open throttle. I got Paul on the phone told him what

was going on, he said when you pull over, have something handy and block the air intake so she will starve for air, and that the return spring must have gotten

stuck again l like had happened to them, but thought they had fixed it. We pulled into the next rest area down I-40 and did exactly as he said and it died right

away. The spring was the problem; I bent it so that it would work and eventually replaced later on. As it was getting later, the winter temps were getting cold and

the coach heat was not working, I was freezing, and I called Paul again to let him know. Paul said; Ken, just run the generator and use the electric heaters, so I

did. A little ways down the highway I was approaching Flagstaff and it was much colder, the damn generator stopped working, which made the trip a little miserable

the rest of the way. Anyways, I made it to California and parked the Newell. A few days later I was looking behind the couch and noticed a soft spot below the

window, turned out to be a large rotten area. I called Paul to let him know about it. Paul stated; Ken it's just and old coach and you are going to find things like

that on it, just use it the way it is and enjoy it! Ok, thanks. I ended up replacing a whole sheet of marine grade 5/8" plywood and moved on. A couple of months

later, I preparing for a trip and removed all the Plexiglas panels in the main basement storage along with some old Formica covered panels left behind from a previous

remodel, to find a nasty rotten covered up floor. As I went around the coach at that time, I found many areas and cubby holes with fresh white caulking sprayed

over with fresh black paint and this list of cover ups goes on and on. I won't bore you with anymore details. This is the truth and nothing but the truth. I first

Newell was a great big screwing. It is what it is. Paul Davis seems like a great guy and maybe he is. I did find out later they had bought the coach from Newell

wholesale for right at $10k, so there was enough profit to take care of us on the little things, and yes that is business. Nothing says that shill bidding is not common

place among a ton of dealers. I know it to be common practice in the industry, as I have a handful of family members whom own dealerships on the West Coast and

know there greedy practices. They have great reputations as well. I also had a family member who works for eBay share some interesting info with me, and I'll leave

that as/is as well. End of my wonderful story. Just "Buyer Beware" Some dealers are great and you may get a crap deal, while other dealers stink and you may get a

great deal and vise versus. My friends; It's a number and chances game.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->

-Bob Marley
Old 03-25-2013, 01:03 AM   #38
MrE

I notice that my question didn't get posted to the listing, but here is the response that I received:

No shill bidding.
No worries.
We got too many rvs on auction to worry about that.
I can offer to show the winning bidder the bidders list if that would make you feel any better. ???
Also.
I spoke with several ebayers last week that stated they were willing to pay in the $30's for this RV. We have had a HUGE amount of interest in this RV.
So. I suspect the bidding to go even higher.
We do seem to have ebayers that will bid on one RV and then change their mind when the price goes up on one then they switch to another.
So. I try to list similar cheaper ones to end prior to more expensive. This seems to help out bidding for me.
ebayers start bidding on one when the bidding is still low. And then switch to another if they think another is lower in bidding value than actual value.
Last week we had a super c diesel that was at $30k with a few hours to go and it ended at $41700.
The winning bidder told us that he put a proxy bid in of $50k and he won it $41700. So he was super happy.
- karolinakoaches

Sorry, but I call BS...this guy is bidding on 7 different RVs by the same dealer in less than one hour?Bid History: Details
Bidding Details

Bidder Information
Bidder: h***r( 481)
Item description: No Reserve Used 44' Newell Detroit 470hp Diesel Full Paint Needs TLC Cheap REPO
Bids on this item: 5

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 38
Items bid on: 10
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%
Bid retractions: 0
Bid retractions (6 months): 2

30-Day Bid History
Category No. of Bids Seller Last Bid

eBay Motors > RVs & Campers 5 Seller 1 2h
eBay Motors > RVs & Campers 2 Seller 1 6h
eBay Motors > RVs & Campers 6 Seller 1 <1h
eBay Motors > RVs & Campers 8 Seller 1 <1h
eBay Motors > RVs & Campers 3 Seller 1 <1h
eBay Motors > RVs & Campers 7 Seller 1 <1h
eBay Motors > RVs & Campers 2 Seller 1 <1h
eBay Motors > RVs & Campers 1 Seller 1 <1h
eBay Motors > RVs & Campers 3 Seller 1 <1h
eBay Motors > RVs & Campers 1 Seller 1 1d 1h
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Old 03-25-2013, 01:12 AM   #39
NewellCrazy

Doesn't make sense that many people would be interested in it in the 30's and up range when they where asking 39K on their website. Why sell it on ebay and pay the fee's then? Sorry not buying their response.

Sean

Old 03-25-2013, 01:17 AM   #40
stewart33

Exactly, so these buyers would want to buy a Newell coach, then jump to a Fleetwood or a Monaco? Not in the same price range or league here. I don't believe them. If they are shilling of course they'd lie about it too.

stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote