Generator Exhaust Pipe - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2003, 12:10 AM   #1
John Leuenberger

Default Generator Exhaust Pipe

If anyone can advise which way to turn the large nut to disconnect generator exhaust pipe in 82 Newell so generator can be slid out for maintenance, pls advise. Right or left facing which way?? Thanx.

John Leuenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 05:14 PM   #2
TechTalk

Default Generator Exhaust Pipe

Generator Exhaust Pipe The large nut, or union, turns counterclockwise, facing from the exhaust end towards the engine. We recommend you apply penetrating oil and let it sit for at least an hour. If it still appears to be stuck, apply some heat to the nut.

Old 07-27-2003, 12:18 AM   #3
Jon Kabbe

Just for kicks I tried lubricating the threads on this union with Champion spark plug thread lube that I had from my aircraft mechanic days. The stuff is still available through any aircraft parts supply house such as Aircraft Spruce or Wag Aero for less than $10. Since I put this on the only problem I've had is with the nut loosening up, but I like that problem better than the aggrevation of having it stuck.
Jon Kabbe is offline   Reply With Quote