KVH In-Motion Available - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
RussWhite

Default KVH In-Motion Available

Hi Friends,

I have just removed a perfectly working KVH In-Motion dish and controller from my coach. It is the L3/US model and as I understand will work with either of the major carriers, but I used it with DirecTV. It gets standard definition broadcasts and I want to move on to High Definition. It is capable of receiving signals from two satellites without changing position. So, the first forum member to contact me can have the complete system including all the mounting hardware - but there's a catch of course. I am not willing to box it up and ship it - so it's free to whoever will pick it up near Knoxville Tennessee in say the next six months.

If you are interested you may reply or email. russwhite@earthlink.net

RussWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:24 AM   #2
prairieschooner

rats! cannot make it to Texas that soon.

1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:32 AM   #3
express1

TEXAS? Steve
if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:35 AM   #4
prairieschooner

Whoops, Tennessee is much worse!
I guess that was too many Beers tonight, or is there such a thing?
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-11-2010, 03:53 AM   #5
express1

Default In Motion HD

kvh in motion? for DIRECT or Dish.

I have Dish in motion but my buddy wants Direct in motion. Is it currently supported with kvh? R6 model? All HD channels or only certain band?
if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:07 AM   #6
chockwald

Steve......I'm not sure it is possible to have toooo many beers.......
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #7
RussWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by express1 View Post
kvh in motion? for DIRECT or Dish.

I have Dish in motion but my buddy wants Direct in motion. Is it currently supported with kvh? R6 model? All HD channels or only certain band?
All this changes very rapidly... At present it is my understanding that to get all that DirecTV has to offer, HD and SD, and local, requires a dish capable of receiving any of the five satellites located at 99, 101, 103, 110, and 119. 99 and 103 are Ka band birds. Your receiver needs to be capable to decoding MPEG-4 compressed material. If there is an in-motion option to do this I am unaware of it. I will be going to Winegard's automatic Travl'r dish, but it stays stowed while traveling. It is an open dish without a dome. The dish I am offering is covered with a black dome and gets standard definition programming while in motion.

Russ
Old 09-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #8
Ron Skeen

Hi Russ,
I am in Jefferson City and wondering if you live in Knoxville?
Ron
1996 Newell 45' #422
2004 Newell 45'8" #689
60 Series Detriot
Yellow Dodge Truck
Ron Skeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #9
RussWhite

Ron, I live in my Newell I have a noraml stick house in Maryville and that is where the KVH is. I am presently on my summer site on Tellico Lake near Greenback, Lenoir City, and Vonore, TN. The middle of Novemember will find me rolling to the Keys for the first season there in the Newell.
Regards, Russ
Old 09-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #10
Stick Miller

Default In motion Satellite

I'm not sure if you are limiting to Newell owners. If you are, I can understand. I went over to the dark side and bought a '78 GMC Royale. Having fun but have no TV except for an antenna. I'd make a point of getting this if it is available to a traitor.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:11 PM   #11
RussWhite

Default It's gone....

On its way to a new home on top of a Newell. Sorry if anyone is disappointed or reads this too late like I normally do. At least I made one forum member happy. Cheers
Old 09-12-2010, 02:57 AM   #12
prairieschooner

I say we let Stick use the rabbit ears!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-12-2010, 04:22 AM   #13
chockwald

Stick....say it ain't so......
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Old 09-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #14
Stick Miller

Default Yep! it is so

A real GMC guru who lives in Americus talked me into making the change. After I got caught up in a little April fool's prank on this net, I started thinking a GMC might not be a bad way to get my feet wet. They seem to hold their own, pricewise, and have plenty of headroom for me. I have a fairly nice coach that always has something wrong with it. I'm gonna get me some rabbit ears. Will they work on a B&W TV?
Old 09-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #15
prairieschooner

sure..and in motion!
By the way, I just looked up GMC Royale and I'm happy for you, that's a bus only a mother could love. Sorry but I'm used to my Newell, a bus that everyone loves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-12-2010, 11:45 PM   #16
Wally Arntzen

Stick, I wish you well with your GMC. I had two GMC's over a twelve year period and used them a lot. One of them I restored from the ground up and it is now owned by one of my best friends who helped me with the restoration. I put over 100,000.00 into it and it still was a vehicle that had unending problems.
They are great vehicles for short stays and trips but I don't understand some of my friends still spend the winter in them in warmer climates than Minnesota.
After being in two different Newells over the past 12 years I could never go back to the GMC primarily due to the size difference. Also the lack of problems with the Newells. I put over 100,000 miles on my 88 and it is a great coach with minimal problems most of which I could correct myself.

Happy travels with the GMC and you did get the best with the royale.
1988 Newell Coach #163
40' with tag 8V92
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:10 PM   #17
Stick Miller

Default My choice

I bought my GMC specifically for the size. Tires are $100 each and I can walk around in the coach without bumping my head. The beds are too short, but I have some expansion room. I have no desire to drive long distances or spend a lot of time in this coach.

It exists to give me something to do with my spare time. It fits in my back yard - a Newell or a Bluebird would not - and it allows me to drive 150 miles to Atlanta to see my children without being a burden to them. I can also drive 25 miles to the river where much of the social life of my town moves in the summertime.

I might change my mind in the future. I'm good on the money in this one. I can still recoup my investment. I'm learning about systems and safety and mechanicals - somethings I had limited knowledge of before. The engineering, especially with modern improvements, is excellent.

In the meantime I'll still spend my big time at my beach house. It is bigger than a Newell and rarely breaks down. The view is always great and the beds are huge.

People make choices. I think I made a good one.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:08 PM   #18
prairieschooner

yep, sometimes cheap is expensive.
Back to the KVH, mine is still working well but doesn't have the in-motion feature. When I move the coach a couple of hundred miles I need to let Direct know where I am. I wait until the receiver gives up and then go to the "dish set up" and enter my new zip code, works every time. I used to try the Lat/Lon but this didn't allow for the altitude.
I am getting the "itchy hitch"!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-13-2010, 03:57 PM   #19
chockwald

That's why I love my LOW tech Weingard crankup dish.....no matter where I am I can have a signal in just a few minutes...I just go to the DirecTV satellite finder page on their internet site, plug in the local zip code and it gives me the elevation and azimuth....UNLESS there is some obstacle that blocks the satellite signal, like in Mesa Verde last August where Steve and I overnighted on our way to Creede....haha! I rarely ever network programs on the road, or have a desire, but if I do want to see a network program I can get the east coast feed....just have to watch it 3 hours sooner than I wanted...haha!

Stick....just giving you a hard time......you just never know when an April Fools joke will have unexpected consequences...LOL!
2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Old 09-13-2010, 08:31 PM   #20
prairieschooner

Talking

yep, Clarke but you were only kidding! It was so transparent but I guess that answers the question why.

http://www.newellclassic.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=1456

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]