How about a mini VW Micro Eco-Camper Van with Euro-Style as your toad? Any Takers? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2012, 04:19 AM   #1
Neweller

Default How about a mini VW Micro Eco-Camper Van with Euro-Style as your toad? Any Takers?

Seen this concept a while back and thought about how cute one of these little guys would be hooked on behind a Newell Coach, acting as your toad or maybe a little rumbling camper bus for heading up to the remote areas where that Newell can't fit and hang out for a night or two fishing at a favorite lake hideaway. Name:  VW Eco Camper.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  9.1 KB

Not sure if this little guy ever came to fruition or not?

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #2
Cheri Smith

That's a nice VW Camper! It would make a great toad.

1979 Newell Classic
Cheri Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #3
Barthman

I think I would have to agree with you folks that is one cute little Volkswagon Van. It would look good behind a Barth, Newell, Wanderlodge or Prevost Marathon. I'll take it!
Barthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:11 AM   #4
folivier

Saw quite a few of these microvans in europe, even some 4x4s. Peugeots, Fiats, VWs, and others. Mostly diesels. It would be neat to get a 4x4 and convert it into a camper/toad.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:30 AM   #5
bluesky

This would work for us very well, being the "hippie explorer" type, great way to get to those small out of the way places.
Kelowna, British Columbia
Canada
1983 Newell Classic
https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=47
1993 SOB
bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:31 AM   #6
Neweller

Hey could this one on youtube have a Valid slide-out room? Probably not, but it's pretty cool anyway. Check out the video Here:[video=youtube;Q4qn0JGM__8]
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:30 AM   #7
Raymond N Priscilla Miller

This brings back old memories! That video is crazy Ken! What a sweet VW camper van! I'd take one now! I agree it would make a pretty cool tow vehicle for behind a Newell Coach!
Old 10-12-2012, 02:55 AM   #8
RSI Coach

As a matter of fact we are in the process of finishing up all the needed connections and modifications to pull our Roadtrek 210 Versatile behind our 92 Newell. I have had to piece together different components from several suppliers but we should be good to go here in about 2 weeks once the Remco Driveshaft disconnect they are making is complete. We just couldn't figure out how to make the puzzle work any other way with some health issues to consider and me visiting clients from the road. It was the only option for us, just took a little work getting everything figured out. I'm sure we will get quite a few looks from the other "Road Warriors!"
1992 Newell #284 "Big Casa"
8V92 DDEC-2 / HT740
2010 Roadtrek 210 Versatile "Lil Casa"
RSI Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #9
prairieschooner

Makes me long for my '67 Sundial
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
Gone Busing

Those Sundial's are really cool. My brother back in the 80's restored a 1963 Sundial to pristine condition and sold it for big money in 1998 to a guy in Italy.

Comparing Luxury Motor Coaches
Gone Busing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
Raymond N Priscilla Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSI Coach View Post
As a matter of fact we are in the process of finishing up all the needed connections and modifications to pull our Roadtrek 210 Versatile behind our 92 Newell. I have had to piece together different components from several suppliers but we should be good to go here in about 2 weeks once the Remco Driveshaft disconnect they are making is complete. We just couldn't figure out how to make the puzzle work any other way with some health issues to consider and me visiting clients from the road. It was the only option for us, just took a little work getting everything figured out. I'm sure we will get quite a few looks from the other "Road Warriors!"
Craig and Kerry that sounds like a pretty cool setup! If you get lots of looks from other Road Warriors it will be because they are admiring!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #12
prairieschooner

My sundial was areally cool '67,last year for the split windshield. I got it from the original owner with low miles and in very good condition. A paint job later it was really nice but still a volkswagon. A 200 mile trip was an all day event. Sold it to a collector whenvI needed to repair our sailboat.

1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote