Tech Talk Archives 1 - Page 4 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Forum Archives - closed > Archive Three
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Log in Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #61
Neweller

A
137 11/13/2000 9:33:12 AM 11/13/2000 Raul Cortez raulcortez@aol.com a/c filter cleaning? Is there an easy way to get to the a/c filter under the bed?
I cannot reach it by removing just the louvered vent. I have to remove the mattress and then unscrew the laminate wood base and slide it off the edge and then reach the coil area. Any easy way to do this? The other two coils are easier to get to. For the one in the bathroom I have found that instead of removing the louver, I can get to it by pulling out the bottom drawer and the coil is right there. In the kitchen, I can get to it fairly easy by going under the sink. The bedroom is just too difficult unless there is an easier method.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #62
Neweller

Q
139 11/15/2000 1:34:44 PM 11/15/2000 Newell Service service@newellcoach.com a/c filter cleaning? Yes, once in a while, we screw up. And we did so here. We examined the issue you raise and have confirmed that the only way to change the a/c filter is remove part of the bed riser. We also think there might be as many as 20 other coaches of this vintage running around with the same problem. A solution is to move the filter to the return air grill in the side of the bed riser. Our service department will do so at no charge on your coach and on any coach that was built this way.

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #63
Neweller

A
141 11/19/2000 7:55:53 PM 11/20/2000 Charles Kokesh charlie@kokesh.com Michelin Replacement My 1996 coach has Bridgestone R293 11R24.5 Load Range H Tires.

I would like to replace them with Michelin, but a review of
the tire selector at www.michelintruck.com shows that the XZA,
XZE, XZA2, and XZA-1+ all come in 11R24.5, BUT they are all
load range G.

Does the Newell Service Dept. have a specific recommendation
either for a tire model or an alternative size equivalent
to the 11R24.5?

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:46 AM   #64
Neweller

Q
142 11/19/2000 9:32:08 PM 11/20/2000 Charles Kokesh charlie@kokesh.com Owners' Directory How do I get an updated Owner's Directory?

Is there any plan to make this available online?

-Bob Marley
Old 12-02-2012, 05:47 AM   #65
Neweller

Q
143 11/19/2000 9:37:09 PM 11/20/2000 Charles Kokesh charlie@kokesh.com Newsletter I bought my coach in August but have not received a newsletter
yet. Has this been dropped?

Why not keep all back issues online?

-Bob Marley
Old 12-06-2012, 05:04 AM   #66
Neweller

Q
144 11/19/2000 9:59:04 PM 11/20/2000 Charles Kokesh charlie@kokesh.com Cell Phone Base Mount I would like to install a base mount for my Motorola StarTac cell phone in order to get the
full 3-amp power on board my 1996 coach. What's the best place for easy access to the driver's seat?
Are there any special considerdations for installing the antenna?

-Bob Marley
Old 12-06-2012, 05:04 AM   #67
Neweller

Q
145 11/19/2000 10:02:21 PM 11/20/2000 Charles Kokesh charlie@kokesh.com Phone Line Connection Occasionally, we find an RV site with phone connection right next to the shore power. I have not been able to find an external RJ-11
jack for a phone on my coach. Is there one that I have missed?
If not, where is the best place to install one? I would like
to be able to use the phone near the dinette and my modem either
at the dinette or in the co-pilot's seat.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-06-2012, 05:04 AM   #68
Neweller

Q
146 11/19/2000 10:06:24 PM 11/20/2000 Charles Kokesh charlie@kokesh.com Satellite Subscription We have had our coach for four months now and are just getting
around to subscribing to one of the satellite TV services.
Most of our travel is in the Western states particularly, TX,
NM, AZ, NV, and CA. Can you recommend a particular service?

-Bob Marley
Old 12-06-2012, 05:04 AM   #69
Neweller

Q
147 11/20/2000 4:50:06 AM 11/20/2000 Newell Engineering engineering@newellcoach.com Phone Line Connection For at least the last ten model years, the external RJ-11 connection for land line telephone service has located on the rear wall of the shoreline compartment.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-06-2012, 05:05 AM   #70
Neweller

A
148 11/20/2000 4:59:37 AM 11/20/2000 Newell Service service@newellcoach.com Cell Phone Base Mount There is ample space on the right side of the instrument area of the dash to locate a cellular phone convenient to the driver. Don't forget that you will need to access 12 volt power and connect to the antenna. All late model Newells have a cellular antenna, with the wire run to the firewall area just forward of the accelerator pedal. We suggest you work with the dealer that sold you the cell phone, as his installers are probably pretty good at selecting a good base mount and working through the installation issues.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-06-2012, 05:05 AM   #71
Neweller

A
149 11/20/2000 5:05:36 AM 11/20/2000 Newell Office office@newellcoach.com Newsletter The most recent newsletter was mailed in October, so we'll check to see that your name and address are properly loaded in our data base. I suggest that you confirm your correct address by e-mail to our newsletter gal, Cindy, at cindyw@newellcoach.com . The next newsletter will be mailed within a week. For a few months, we had the newsletter available online. We had some technical complications because the way we produce the hard copy version. However, we're considering posting the newsletter again.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-06-2012, 05:05 AM   #72
Neweller

A
150 11/20/2000 5:14:23 AM 11/20/2000 Newell Office office@newellcoach.com Owners' Directory The next update of the Owners' Directory is scheduled for early next year. It will be mailed to chapter members automatically when completed. Any member who would like to update or confirm their address and phone number for the new directory can do so by sending an e-mail to CindyW@newellcoach.com . We have no plans for an online version for several reasons, including confidentiality of the information.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-06-2012, 05:06 AM   #73
Neweller

A
151 11/20/2000 5:23:58 AM 11/20/2000 Newell Service service@newellcoach.com Michelin Replacement We agree with the results of your research--we have never found a load range H version of a Michelin 11R24.5 tire either. (We're had a customer who claims to have purchased such a tire, but we've never seen one.) However, don't despair. We have had excellent experience with the Bridgestone R293 11R24.5 LR-H tire. Readers should keep in mind that this advice does not apply to newer coaches equipped with 315/80 22.5 (low profile) tires. Michelin not only makes the 315 tire in our recommended load range L, but the Michelin tire is the ONLY 315 tire we recommend. Complicated, huh?

-Bob Marley
Old 12-06-2012, 05:06 AM   #74
Neweller

A
152 11/20/2000 5:45:34 AM 11/20/2000 Newell Service service@newellcoach.com Satellite Subscription Nationwide, you can subscribe to programming by calling DirecTV at 1-800-347-3288 and USSB at 1-800-204-USSB. Depending on where you live, they may refer you to a local service provider. Be sure to tell DirecTV that your service is for a motor home and that you want the network channels. The networks are now available over the satellite system for RVs. If the telephone agent at DirecTV is uncooperative with your request for network programming, ask to speak to a supervisor.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-06-2012, 05:06 AM   #75
Neweller

A
154 11/23/2000 5:11:30 PM 11/23/2000 otto burleson otto@spinn.net Phone Line Connection My coach 1988 - does have the external RJ-11 located as Engr advised -- however - the outlet in the bedroom doesn't work. The line starts out to be an external weatherproof line from the box and changes somewhere to a simple inside cord like a handset. If you solve your problem, please share info with me. otto@spinn.net

-Bob Marley
Old 12-06-2012, 05:06 AM   #76
Neweller

A
155 11/23/2000 8:55:14 PM 11/26/2000 Dean Stoops 67gto@bright.net Satellite Subscription I have used Dish Network for 2 years. It has worked very well.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-06-2012, 05:07 AM   #77
Neweller

A
156 11/26/2000 1:23:07 PM 11/26/2000 LARRY WEIKART LARRYWEIKART@AOL.COM Satellite Subscription WHEN YOU REQUEST THE NETWORK CHANNELS FOR AN RV, DIRECTV WILL SEND YOU A FORM TO FILL OUT WITH YOUR VIN# PLUS OTHER INFORMATION. BE SURE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT OTHER SERVICES YOU CANNOT RECEIVE IF YOU RECEIVE THE NETWORKS. WE WERE TOLD WE WOULD NO LONGER BE ABLE TO GET ALL PRO OR COLLEGE SPORTS SUBSCRIPTIONS. ASK THEM TO SEND YOU THEIR MOBILE VEHICLE AFFIDAVIT DECLARATION OF INTENT AND THAT'S ALL YOU NEED. GOOD LUCK.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-06-2012, 05:07 AM   #78
Neweller

A
157 11/26/2000 1:28:28 PM 11/26/2000 LARRY WEIKART LARRYWEIKART@AOL.COM Satellite receiver overheating... I HAVE THE SAME ITEMS LOCATED IN THAT AREA BUT I HAVE AN EXHAUST FAN BUILT IN THE SIDE OF THAT OVERHEAD. MY COACH IS A 94, SO I DON'T KNOW IF NEWELL HAD THIS IN 93, BUT YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK AS IT MAY BE THERE BUT NOT WORKING.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-06-2012, 05:08 AM   #79
Neweller

A
159 11/30/2000 10:15:11 AM 12/3/2000 Harold Olsen hcole@heartland . net CD Player At one time the Newells' News newsletter had operating instructions for the CD Player. I can't find the article. My CD changer plays only the first 5 of 10 discs. How can I remedy?

-Bob Marley
Old 12-06-2012, 05:09 AM   #80
Neweller

Q
161 12/3/2000 8:23:06 AM 12/3/2000 Don Koenig donkoenig@juno.com Smoking Tires The left rear of our 1984 dropped down such that the tires were rubbing on the underside of the body. After stopping I was able to raise that corner with the leveling system. Could a defective leveling system valve cause this problem? A friend that converted a bus said the buss had blocks that stopped the body from comming all the way down when the air bags were not able to hold the body up and provide safe clearance. Can such blocks be installed on a Newell?

-Bob Marley