Newell Coach Bus or Motorhome? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
Lindsay

Default Newell Coach Bus or Motorhome?

Hey guys,

In my quest to find the perfect coach for a fair price, I found a "Newell Coach" RV and have done a little research. Apparently the Newell is very well made and some consider it a bus. It is a bus or a motor home? I am still in the research phase here but trying to collect as much data as possible to hopefully make the right decision. I have yet to look at a Newell in person but I have checked out 2 bus conversions.

thank you in advance,

Thomas Lindsay

Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
folivier

Newell is a coach, not really a bus. Newell factory in Miami, OK builds them from the ground up all in their factory, still in business and privately owned. Prevost, Bluebird, Foretravel, and others are either a true bus chassis and then converted into a motorhome or built on a bus or truck chassis. Newells are really unique in their design.
Newell is famous for their customer service and help line 24/7 availability. One thing I like about my Newell is how easy it is to work on and access parts. Read about other brands and how difficult it is to work on the engines, water heaters, etc.
Good luck in your search.

1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
tuga

Tom,

Newell is a motorhome. The Newell chassis is built using bridge truss construction; very strong. It is built from the ground up as a motorhome. It is custom designed so that all of the major components are located so that maintenance is facilitated. This is a big advantage when you are paying $$$$/hour for maintenance.

Prevost primarily builds buses. There are converters who purchase a shell from Prevost and build a motorhome inside of the shell.

BlueBird is out of business but IMO built a very strong chassis and a good motorhome.

Foretravel is still in business and they build a very good motorhome.

I just like Newells because I have owned them for 20 years and I am familiar with the systems.

Hope this helped you. If you would like to talk send me a PM and I will give you my cellphone number.

Good luck on your search!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
The Newell

Newell Coach is a manufacturer of custom built from the ground up motorhomes and not a bus even though some bus guys try and consider Newell a bus they are not.

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
Newell Tank

A lot of people think a Newell is a bus. I'm asked all the time; is that a bus or bus conversion. Wow, nice bus! etc...etc...

I have owned bus conversion and very nice ones too. We enjoyed our MCI and Prevosts, they were both fun, fantastic and all around great buses. We love our Newell even more, as the factory 24/7 support is bar none the best in the industry. This website is value beyone compare as are the many members.

When the economy was much better, a Newell was much further out of reach for the masses and a bus conversion made more sense for some. Now, Newell's are a super bargain! Get one while you can, when this economy comes back around used ones will most likely rise in value just like before.

Best of luck with your decision or quest.

When I'm not flying high, I like to be down low in my Tank. Newell Tank that is!
Newell Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
Hugo

We love our Newell because it is a motorhome not a bus. From old to new they are a unique quality motorcoach. I highly reccommed you see a few in person.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
FJGuard

Not a bus at all and I think prevosts are very nice but a Newell is a motorhome of the highest quality. I find it funny because I've met some bus owners who have something against Newells. I don't buy it when they say they would take their 20 year old bus over a Newell. We love our Newell because of the quality for it's year you cannot go into another motorhome of the same age to compare because Newells are built ahead of their time. And in my opinion they can never go out of style! The wife enjoys the luxury of a Newell. I like the robust quality of how they're built. All my hunting buddies get a kick out of my luxury campin.
FJGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
tuga

There will always be Newell vs Prevosts, Ford vs Chevy, Cadillac vs Lincoln, etc.

Both are good products, but I'm with you I would rather have a Newell. I think Newell is the best value for your dollar hands down.

Just my .02

Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote