1978 Bluebird Wanderlodge for sale - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
Baker

Thumbs down 1978 Bluebird Wanderlodge for sale

1978 Bluebird Wanderlodge RV caterpillar 3208 Turbo diesel allison automatic in RVs & Campers | eBay Motors

This Bluebird is pretty rough! It looks like it has particle board? Did Newell ever use particle board in their older coaches?

Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #2
Neweller

Looks like a total restoration project. I would say it's pretty rough and it does look like particleboard in the back bedroom cabinetry. The only place I have ever seen any particle board on a Newell Coach was as an underlayment for the laminate countertop. Not sure if that is the same with the Wanderlodge or not? The Wanderlodge on ebay looks like the particleboard goes down the backside of the cabinet as well.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
Raymond N Priscilla Miller

I don't even know if that's worth a restoration? I SEE mold! Maybe gut it all out and start fresh? Whoever purchases will have a project on their hands! It was neglected for sure!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
stewart33

Now that's a coach that needs a little more than some TLC....
stewart33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #5
The Newell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond N Priscilla Miller View Post
I don't even know if that's worth a restoration? I SEE mold! Maybe gut it all out and start fresh? Whoever purchases will have a project on their hands! It was neglected for sure!

I agree, I don't think its worth a restoration myself.

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #6
prairieschooner

Hey, its a Bird. For a few grand a guy could spend some time and have something.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:56 AM   #7
Neweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieschooner View Post
Hey, its a Bird. For a few grand a guy could spend some time and have something.
Steve, your probably right. As long as it doesn't have rust everywhere, somebody will surely pick it up and go through it. At least it is already a motorhome, It would be much less work than a complete conversion. I just never cared for the boxed nose look on them. I remember a decade ago when I picked up my first Newell, the bird next to my Newell at the dealers place was like another $10k more money and around the same year. I liked some of the features on the inside and the roof top seemed cool, just didn't care for the front all that much. But to eaches own, right?

"Somehow we need to keep the old Newell's, Bird's, Barth's etc. on the road or at the rate of non and low production they will dry up and that's all she wrote!" My new personal quote.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:44 AM   #8
speedingsport

Needs lots of work but has potential for someone who wants a project. I wonder what someone will be willing to pay for it.
speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:51 AM   #9
NewellCrazy

More of a project than I would want but to each their own and I'm sure some one will purchase that bird fixer up and for the money invested would have a nice coach.

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #10
1993Newell

No bids yet! Someone will either buy it for the engine and parts. Or it would have to be a special buyer who wants a big project!

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #11
Cheri Smith

It needs the whole interior redone.

So replacing or upgrading the flooring because that carpet needs to go, reupholstering or replacing the furniture would need to be done too, the ceiling needs fixing, upgrading all window treatments would probably be a good idea, painting or wallpapering the walls is a must, The counters? new ones are needed, who knows about the cabinets, the stove that's a lot of rust to me it wouldn't be worth cleaning up - needs to be replaced, No bed? that's probably a good thing, someone would want to purchase a new one of those. The dinette table doesn't look bad. The exterior has some rust and it would need a new step. The batteries look new and the tires don't look bad. Mechanically who knows what it would need.

I don't know guys it needs a whole lot of work. Our Newell was nothing near this bad of shape when we got it. Thank God for that! If someone got it for the right price and wanted a project then I guess the more power to them!

So what's everyone's estimate? What would it really cost to make this coach liveable?

1979 Newell Classic
Cheri Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #12
bigcatwally

I have restored some rough classic cars. Our Newell wasn't in the best of shape but it wasn't like this bluebird either. A friend of mine might like this coach he likes projects, he's restored several Airstreams and they were in rough rough shape. But when he was done they were stunning! Never would have known they were the same trailers. He sold them and made good money off them too.

1979 Classic Newell Coach
1967 Ford Mustang
1969 Chevrolet El Camino SS
bigcatwally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #13
Baker

It looks like the Bluebird sold!
[TABLE="class: vi-is1"]
[TR]
[TH="class: vi-is1-lblp vi-is1-solidBg"]Winning bid:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-is1-solid vi-is1-tbll"] $3,450.00[/TD]
[/TR]