Mail forwarding and full timing whats your take ? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
Archie T. Hogan

Default Mail forwarding and full timing whats your take ?

I do aplogize for all the questions I have for you all today just have so much to accomplish before we go full timing so here goes another one.

Do you fulltimers use a mail forwarding service? I'm thinking I could almost get by without it. I could use my brothers address for DMV and insurance purposes and the few bills I'll have can be set up to autopay from my bank account. I can also sign up for on-line bill pay with my bank. Other important mail, like business vendors, can be fixed by a quick call to the sender, although most of them use email now anyway. Is there anything else I'm missing?
I looked into Good Sams forwarding service, but that would require changing my residence to FL. On the other hand, that might be a good thing.

Full Timing( Already Started)
Archie T. Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
folivier

While we're not fulltiming yet we do travel a lot. My wife has done a wonderful job in getting all of our bills setup for either autopay or online access. She also has been able to get us off of junk mail lists. The small amount of mail we receive goes to our son's house and he calls us if it is something important. Or he emails a picture of whatever it is. If we need it forwarded to wherever we are he does that. So far that works great. Things to consider for your "official residency" location are taxes, voting, vehicle or other insurance.

1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
lbrachfe

Good Sam has a great mail service for $15 a month and cost of postage for forwarding
lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
fulltiming

We have used Escapees mail service for over 12 years. Now that we are no longer living in our Newell, we are considering dropping it but they have been great. For us it was a no brainer since we were Texas residents anyway. You can use their mail forwarding service (with a TX address) without having to change to Texas as your domicile but it is wise to have as much consistency in one state as possible (main address, drivers license, insurance, vehicle registration, voting etc). That way there is less chance of running amuck with the taxman. There are folks that have a relative that serves as an address but it can get dicey with voting, etc., unless that is the state you have lived in for a long time anyway and you keep your registration and license there.

On the road, we maintained the Texas (Escapees) address as our voting, drivers license, registration, etc. We even went back to Texas to serve jury duty. (Livingston is used to having a large number of registered voters that are out of state and will work with you to reschedule your jury duty to a time you can be in Livingston)
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
Randy J

Good question. We are learning as we go. We've only been full-timing for 3 months. So far we haven't had any problems. I set up online banking a while back. We have a PO box in the same post office as a family member has so when they check their mail they check our box. They have only sent us down some important documents once. Since then we haven't had to have them mail us anything. But for future stuff we will have them mail it to us when needed to wherever we're parked.

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #6
1993Newell

We have used Mail Box ECT. since we started fulltiming. It's great because we just call and they tell us if we have mail or not. We just call when we are ready for them to mail it to us and they do right away. We've been very happy with their service.

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
Raymond N Priscilla Miller

Like Micheal said Escapees mail forwarding service is good. So, we've heard! we don't use it but quite a few full timers we have met use it and again have heard nothing but great things. We have a close friend of ours ship us a package once a month with any important mail or docs. we might need. It's usually not a large box because like others said you can do so many things by email and online.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #8
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

I have used Escapees for 20 years, great service and you can establish a legal address there, obtain drivers license, vote, and probate a will when necessary.

2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote