Buying our first Luxury Coach ( Prevost or Newell Coach) - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
WildCat

Default Buying our first Luxury Coach ( Prevost or Newell Coach)

We are looking at buying our 1st luxury coach mid 90's Newell or Prevost and need some advice. We found some in the $80k range. That's okay with me, I want/prefer a newer one, but my wife is more of a "walk b4 you run" person. Any Advice? What areas of a Newell or Prevost should I be most concerned with when checking it over before making making a deal?

WildCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
NewellCrazy

I think you should drive all brands of luxurious MHs so you can decide what suits you best. For me as you can tell from my user name I own what I consider the best coach available and that's a Newell but to each their own. Then decide just don't jump at the 1st thing you see no matter how much it impresses you and by all means 60% of the decisions come from the wife's that will be using it.

Of course this is just my opinion

Sean

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:49 PM   #3
express1

I bought the second one I jumped in! And I think you should buy a Newell (MINE)[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
if you think my spellin is bad, you should sea my handwritten. #437 w/flex toad (STAY AWAY FROM LARRY BELL aka larrynjeri) he is a lier and a lock picker.
express1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
Raymond N Priscilla Miller

Wildcat I suggest you take a look and read in the Coach/Bus Buyer and Seller Exchange section of the forum. It is packed with many threads that will help you in buying your first luxury coach.

A couple of good threads-

http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...-question.html

http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...ist-sorts.html

http://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...coach-buy.html
Old 01-07-2013, 10:04 PM   #5
Neweller

Wildcat, you will find both of your choices to be the cream of the crop when it comes to a luxury coach. Originally I was going after a MCI or Prevost bus conversion and stumbled across a Newell by accident and been sold ever since. My first choice lays with Newell but I would not turned down a wonderful Prevost conversion if it fit the bill as well. Believe me, I love the Outlaw and Featherlite conversions and what they offer. I recently discovered that Featherlite has level floor slides like Newell and If I run into the the big money one of those could park right next to my Newell.

As far as checking over your coach, there is a ton of info already on the site that will help you out and I will dig up some links to narrow the search for you. Other than that, have the engine and trans oil analysis done, once finalizing everything and prior to close of the deal it would be a great idea to have a second opinion by a reputable mechanic and if you need help there, we can probably stir someone your way. Just holler. Check air suspension, frame rust, tire age and condition, heating and cooling system, any signs of previous major damage, for corrosion everywhere, wood rot in and around windows, basement areas, bathroom, under ice maker and so on..... This should give you a good start.

Others may have a bit more to add.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote