Suburban furnace problem. - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2006, 02:19 AM   #1
RV Bummin

Default Suburban furnace problem.

I have a 30K BTU furnace that just went out.
Diagnosis: I'll turn up the thermostat, the fan will come on and when it calls for heat; no click, no spark, no gas, it'll just shut down (total time of about 15-30 seconds). I'll re-set and the same thing happens. Everything worked fine for the previous days as I had the LP over half full and full charge. From my research (Here) I believe it's the board. Suggestions?

If it is the board, it sounds as though going with a Dinosaur replacement board is the way to go. Where is the best place to get one from?

Also, is this something that is best left for the service department, or easy enough to do myself?

Thanks in advance for your input!

RV Bummin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 04:01 PM   #2
fulltiming

Dinosaur boards are the way to go on a replacement. While there are several other things that could be wrong, the lack of even a click would lead you in the direction of the board. A faulty sail switch might also keep the gas valve closed and the ignitor off but typically will leave the fan running instead of shutting down the entire unit. The time delay unit could also be a potential problem. You can wire around it to be sure it is working properly.

The only one I have bought I got from an RV repairman but you might check with http://www.marksrv.com/suburbanparts.htm.

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:49 PM   #3
RV Bummin

Thank you for the link, I am checking the site as I type you this message.

RV Bummin
RV Bummin is offline   Reply With Quote