Windshield wiper help needed - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2009, 04:00 AM   #1
ttikalsky

Arrow Windshield wiper help needed

My drivers side windshield wiper works intermittently. When I pull the lever to engage the wiper it pauses then jerks to action for 1 or 2 swipes and stops. Both wiper motors were replaced when I purchased the coach and the passenger side works great. They are air powered and I noticed a tube coming from the wiper motor that is not connected to anything. This unterminated tube vents air and appears that it should connect to something. I tried plugging but that did not work, the tube popped of the wiper motor connection. I can see the passenger side wiper motor has a similar 'extra' hose but because it is behind the power center I have not been able to determine where it goes. Anyone have an idea where this unterminated tube should be connected?

Troy Tikalsky
Waconia, MN
1986 Newell

ttikalsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:32 AM   #2
chockwald

The first time I used my windshield wipers I experienced the same problem. I discovered quite by accident that you could adjust the speed by turning the knob clockwise. Have you tried that?

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
ttikalsky

I have adjusted the speed by turning the knob and it only works on 'high' speed.

Troy
ttikalsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
Wally Arntzen

Hi Troy,

I had the same problems with my 88 several years ago. I don't remember the way the hoses were connected but I replaced both of mine. There are adjustment screws on the wiper motor that you can change the movement process. I moved the screws and put the motor back on with a couple screws and tried it until I had it right.
If you want to get new motors or information from and expert call Rome Truck Parts in Agusta, GA at 706-234-6228. I got new Trico Motors and air switches from them and now have them workling well.
The air operated wipers are the one thing on my Newell that I like the least.
Good luck.
Wally
Wally Arntzen is offline   Reply With Quote