New owner soon - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
folivier

Default New owner soon

Just got home from seeing the '93 39 footer at Parliament. Very nice and clean. The engine and generator were very clean. Drove very well and quiet. Only found a couple of problems. Front tires are 2002 so I'll have them change those. Dash air was blowing cool, I'll have them check and charge. Power TV antenna didn't work, looks like there is no power to switch (amplifier does have power). Basement door locks don't work (hear solenoids activating). Kitchen sink doesn't drain (they'll check, may be a plug pushed down into the drain, the garbage disposer does work).
Just have to work out the details on the above and should be able to pick it up maybe this weekend!
Oh and thanks Southwest for cancelling our flight to Tampa at the last minute, but they did manage to get us to Orlanda so it worked out ok.

folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #2
chockwald

Congratulations! There were a number of guys on this forum drooling over that coach. I'm not sure what part tof the country you are from, but there is going to be another informal rally in Creede, CO from August 3-7, 2009 at Mountain Views RV Resort. Creede, CO is about an hour north of Durango. We would love to have you there! Right now we have 5 coaches ranging from 1982 to 1996 I believe committed to being there.

2002 Thunderbird Retro
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Cannondale F600
2 Terra Trike Tadpoles
Intense 5.5 mountain bike
ALBUM: https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=213
chockwald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
encantotom

sounds great. i liked the look of that coach and the price was amazing....

lots of advice on tires on this forum.

the dash air is a challenge on these babies. some of us have it working and many do not. some are converted to r134a and some are not.

mine is converted and i had to replace the compressor. works quite well now, but is only enough to cool when it is not real hot. of course, in phoenix, i have a whole different version of what is hot. has been over 100 degrees every day for a while here....

good luck. let us know if we can help you

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:00 PM   #4
Richard and Rhonda

Welcome aboard. We look forward to hearing of your Newell adventures.
CoMotion Tandem
Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
Rhonda's chronicle https://wersquared.wordpress.com/
Richard and Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 02:19 AM   #5
fulltiming

Welcome. We are all ears. We hope you will post regularly on your pleasures and challenges with your coach.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:17 AM   #6
folivier

Have the plane tickets, my wife and I will fly from New Orleans to Tampa on Saturday morning to pick it up! After a quick stop at WalMart for groceries and other supplies and fuel (gauge shows 1/2 tank but don't know yet how accurate it is!) we'll take a leisurely drive home. Plan to stop at a campground well before dark, hoping we won't have a problem finding one on a holiday weekend. If we can't find a campground we'll just stop at a rest area or truck stop. Have our shopping list ready.
Believe it or not the coach has a mounted (Alcoa rim) spare!
Had them put new tires on the front, the rear are 1 year old.
We'll definately keep Creede, Co. in mind but the university where my wife works is undertaking a software conversion this summer so don't know if she'll be able to take off yet.
I'll post on our trip after we get home.
Thanks for all the advice so far, I'm sure I'll have more questions in the next weeks!
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:57 AM   #7
prestadude

Great news. I just got mine home last Saturday. I spoke with Newell this week regarding a service issue and mentioned that I had purchased a used coach. They immediately asked if they could send me a chapter application which I received in the mail today. Evidently they like to keep track of their used rigs and owners. They do this through a chapter in the FMCA called the Newells. According to the letter I just received, membership in the Newells Chapter has two primary benefits (and I quote here):
First, the factory conducts three to five rallies a year for members. The rallies are located at prime recreational spots around the country. In addition, we publish a newsletter for chapter members several times a year. The newsletter contains timely information on new products, service tips, upcoming rallies, and other topics of interest to the Newell owner.
Sounds like a good deal to me so be sure to request the application from Cindy (don't know if the spelling is correct) at the front office.
prestadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:13 AM   #8
fulltiming

Folivier, great news. Enjoy yourself and keep in touch.

Tim and Laura, great post. Thanks for the reminder to everyone to sign up with Newell so you can get their newsletter. It is a valuable document.

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote