AWord to the Wise - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2007, 09:21 PM   #1
Doncamero

Default AWord to the Wise

It is pretty funny the jams we RVers get ourselves into, here is a funny one that happened to me.
I parked my coach in front of my house and the road had a substantial crown on it. I discovered later that you can ruin your fridge operating it while on an angle like that, luckily the fridge recovered after a day or so on level ground.
While trying to start the generator, I blew the 15 amp fuse in the control box.
I pulled the generator out to replace the fuse and because of the angle the coach was on, the carrier jammed and I couldn't push the generator back in! Another bad idea
I had to drive the coach over to the middle of the road until it was level then jack the carrier up a bit because the generator was out as far as it could go, then push the gen back in easily
Back on the curb while running the generator (I thought this would help the fridge work, little did I know I was slowly destroying the fridge)The angle caused the fuel to run over to the passenger side of the tank so then the fuel ran dry! I was able to start it again with some cranking and starting fluid

Doncamero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:19 AM   #2
Erika

Don, sorry to here about those troubles. I think most of us learn lessons the hard way. That is what's so great about sharing thoughts on forums like this one. Hopefully we can save one another some grief so we can enjoy more fun rving instead.

Is you generator gas or diesel? I have been dealing with some like issues at the moment as well.

Ken

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:31 PM   #3
JohnC

Some of my favorite RV memories were not so fun at the time, but looking back I can't help but smile at what happened. Don't be afraid to laugh at yourself- Life is short, enjoy it while you can.

John
JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote