Checking Inside Rear Wheel Tire Pressure - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
GypsyCliff

Default Checking Inside Rear Wheel Tire Pressure

How do you check the tire pressure on the inside rear wheel? Is a tire pressure wireless monitoring system worth the money?

Thanks,

Cliff

1976 Newell Coach W/Cummins Engine
GypsyCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Dom Ferris

I just bought a Milton Tire Gauge (Made in the USA, lasts forever, highly calibrated) that has a dual head...one facing toward you so you can attach to the "inside" valve stem. I have the Milton info if you are interested...around $16.50 delivered to your door. I won't trust a china made gauge for my new tires.

Dom & Fay Ferris

Logan,IA
Dom Ferris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
PIExpress

Mine came with solid metal extensions that have worked great. The first year I replaced the original valve caps with Alligator caps ...they are high pressure, dual seal metal caps that you do NOT have to remove to check or add air. A couple of years ago I replaced the Alligator caps with the TireTraker TPMS, mostly to monitor the toad tires while driving. It does give peace of mind, and could be a great $$ saver in event of low toad or dual tire.