towing connector wiring - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2012, 02:51 AM   #1
encantotom

Default towing connector wiring

hi all,

when russ was visiting we checked on my hitch. it is a humongo hitch set up for pulling something mighty heavy. a 2 1/2" receiver. so i got the insert to take it down to 2". and the hi low drop receiver.

so i thought, hey, i should put the test light on it and just make sure the plug works. good idea cause it didnt.

one of the wires from the plug to the control unit was open and the two relays that turn on and flash the left and right turn signals were bad. they both had bad connections on them and were the old style relays.

so a buddy came over and while he installed a new plug and wiring i re wired the left and right turn signal relays in the panel inside the engine compartment. i replace the connectors on each wire and put new regular relays in that you can actually find in a auto store.

all checked out fine. i also added a charge line to keep my honda crv charged up when we tow it.

at least now i know how the relays are wired and how it is all hooked up.

what else am i going to have to fix?

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
lbrachfe

With all the quality work you have done and all the problems you have found that I hope you picked up #608 major cheap

lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:49 AM   #3
encantotom

gotta remember my labor is free. most of what i post are things that i did myself with parts i shopped for to get as cheaply as i could.

the biggest ticket items i would have had to do anyway in almost any coach that was this age. new tires, new batteries, brakes, airbags, air leaks, new tv's etc.

that said, this coach was neglected, but it was a corporate asset and not someones treasured coach like we all treat them. they just fixed what they needed to and such.

i will still be just fine on the coach and the deal. besides i certainly am learning it inside and out. just wish it wasnt 110 degrees

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:29 AM   #4
Bill & Sonja

Fortunately we all get to learn along with you, the effort you put into your posts is greatly appreciated. Thanks Tom!
Bill & Sonja is offline   Reply With Quote