Using outlets without Generator? - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2011, 02:05 AM   #21
Hardtrigger

Default Outlets powered by inverter

If that would allow me to power my outlets through my inverter fed by my battery bank than that picture would be most appreciated! I have a question on my Heart interface panel and my new set of batterys. I just put 4 new AGM batterys in my coach, 2 per side, do I need to have my panel and inverter reset to recognize the new batterys so as they will give me a new status on battery charge, % of charge life left during that cycle? I'm wondering wether I'm getting a false reading from the previous worn out batteries. I seem to go from 20% overcharge on batteries from the generator to a -140% in a 20 hour time with out using much electricity besides a couple lights, flushing toilet(water pump), and the laptop computer plugged in. It would seem to me that my batteries would last much longer being new and with me being stingy on using the power in a days time. I was wondering whether or not the invertor panel recognize the new batteries and self adjust or do I need to reset the panel after full charge to have it measure up % of power and cycle life left in battery. Also since I tend to boondock more than site camp with being plugged in is there a better way to charge and condition my batteryies other than relying on my generator two hours a night? I may not be charging the new batterys correctly and causing short cycle life

Hardtrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #22
prairieschooner

Here are a couple of pictures of the Source Selector Switch that I installed for the Power Inverter. As a side note my Inverter went out on the first day of our trip to Santa Barbara. I was able to get that Circuit back up by Switching over to Inverter Bypass so now the Circuit was Powered up by the Shore Power through the Circuit Breaker on the Switch Panel.
Sorry about the picture being out of focus but you should get the idea. This is a 2 Pole, 3 Position Rotary Switch. I installed the Power Inverter - Out (Hot and Common) to one position of the switch and the Circuit Breaker (Hot and Switch Panel Common) to the other position on the rotary switch. The middle position is all power off from those circuits. clarification
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1185  

1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #23
prairieschooner

Hardtrigger,
yes you should set the system up for the new AGM batteries. You should be able to set the total amp hour and the new charge rates. This should be important since the batteries are not cheap!
I would try to charge the batteries an hour in the morning and an hour at night rather than two hours at night. We have solar panels so I charge at the end of the day but when we were on the boat I would charge in the morning and at the end of the day. Sounds like you have a Link 1000 or 2000 panel and it does need to know what batteries and how many are being used for the house so that it can calculate the remaining power.
1982 Newell 38' (built before #1) 6V92 DD, 5 Speed Allison, 12.5 KW Kohler, Couch used to make into a Bed but I fixed it!
https://newellshowcase.com/thumbnails.php?album=214
2007 Yukon, 1981 CJ7 Laredo, 2002 Honda CRV, 1955 Thunderbird, 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, 1952 Ford 8N, 1958 Airstream, 1959 Glasspar 16' Avalon, Cabin in the Woods........what will I work on next
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
prairieschooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:19 AM   #24
Hardtrigger

Prarieschooner thanks for the answer. I have two questions if you dont mind please. First is what is charge rate and 2nd is on my Heart Interface Link 2000 on the right side of the display I have Battery 1 and below that is Battery 2. When I am on generator battery 1 will recharge from negative # to plus # mainly on accept highlighted instead of charge highlighted ? Again the battery will recharge but it will only recharge on the charge mode a small amount of time then kicks to accept mode to do most of the recharge.Is that ok? And when I go to charge battery 2 nothing happens the number does not change and when I switch it over back battery 1 it was taken the charge even when battery 2 was what I had selected. Hope I came across ok. One more time the invertor charges under accept mode and not charge mode. And battery two does not charge at all when chosen but keeps charging battery 1 though I chose to charge battery 2. Thanks for your previous reply.

Hardtrigger is offline   Reply With Quote