Equalize Batteries - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

Default Equalize Batteries

My house and chassis batteries are Delco ACD8D36, about two years old. The coach was idle for a year while on sale. Today I ordered 3 PowerPulse units for the batteries, but I am curious if I should equalize them. I am connected to 30 amp service for the next few weeks and wonder if I should wait until I have 50 amps. Also, my inverter manual says to disconnect all 12 volt users, but the only way I can figure out how to do that is to throw the master switch in the battery compartment. This may work since it looks like the inverter is wired around the switch. Any advise would be appreciated.

2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
lbrachfe

the Power Pulse units avoid the need to equalize your batteries. I would load test them to 750amps without the cables attached and then decide, but that's just me.

lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #3
Barthman

I would have to agree with Larry. PowerPulse was designed especially for frequently-charged 12-Volt battery systems.

The 12-Volt PowerPulse is designed to ensure maximum battery performance on single 12-volt lead-acid batteries. It also works on two or three 12-volt batteries connected in parallel. This unit is ideal for virtually any kind of vehicle or equipment that is charged on a regular basis, including cars, over-the-road trucks, delivery trucks, boats, emergency vehicles, generators and much more. It comes with lugs that connect directly to the battery terminals.

PowerPulse is not a charger. It’s a performance device designed to help batteries charge faster and provide maximum performance and power. This patented unit uses our revolutionary ReNew-IT Pulse Technology to safely prevent the main cause of battery problems and failure: sulfation buildup on lead-acid battery plates. Used extensively by consumers and the U.S. Military worldwide for fifteen years, this technology has been scientifically proven by two major universities to make batteries work harder and last longer than you ever thought possible.

PowerPulse can be powered in two different ways. When the battery is being charged — either by an onboard charger or a separate charging system — it will use the charging current as a power source. The rest of the time it uses a small portion of the battery’s own energy so it is working 24-hours a day. The PowerPulse system can also be used together with an existing charging system. In fact, it will work even faster and stronger. This means batteries can be both charged and desulfated at the same time.

Here are some of the listed features from PowerPulse:

-Ensures peak battery performance by eliminating the main cause of lead-acid battery problems and failure — sulfation buildup on the battery plates.

-Increases battery life span up to three times longer.

-Provides greater charge acceptance so batteries recharge faster and with better quality.

-Works with all conventional flooded lead-acid batteries and sealed “maintenance-free” batteries, including Valve Regulated Lead-Acid (VRLA), Absorbed Glass
Mat (AGM) and gel cell.

-Includes an LED light that indicates the circuit is energized and the unit is working. Safe, reliable, and weatherproof.
Barthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
jdaniel

These seem to good to be true!? Has anybody used them long enough to know how well they work?? Im very interested.
jdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #5
lbrachfe

I have used them for several years and not really sure how much extra life I get, but they do seem to keep the bay clean and the water level more stable, but do feel that for the price it's a safe insurance no matter. Karl blade who owns Newell told me he got the tip on these from a truck company owner that swears by them and they are standard equipment on all Newells the past few years
lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote