1982 Newell with DD 6V92TA Engine Oil pressure - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Technical Exchange > General Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Log in Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
Paul Wilbert

Default 1982 Newell with DD 6V92TA Engine Oil pressure

I Need help,

I have an 82 Newell Coach with a 6V92TA & allison trans. We've owned our newell for 3.5 years now and thought I was a lone when having to repair our newell until another owner gave us this website adrress. When I first got the coach the oil pressure ran about 15lbs @ Idle and 45 to 50 lbs @ hiway speeds. I run Rotella 40wt oil. I noticed last year my oil pressure increased to about 25 lbs @ idle and 65 to 70 lbs Hiway speed. This past sunday as I was driving Hiway speed I almost freaked out the oil pressure was about 85 lbs. Anyone have any Idea. I'm going to change the oil & filters to see what happens and besides its time. I change it once a year I drive about 6500 to 8500 miles per year. Also the first 3 years the engine was clean no noticable oil leaks but the last 6 months the engine has oil leaks.

Thanks,

Paul Wilbert
Paul Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote