Feedback Requested on $ value of '83 Classic - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2015, 12:56 AM   #1
bluesky

Default Feedback Requested on $ value of '83 Classic

Hi Folks

We have purchased a home in Mexico and will be spending 6 months on the beach for many years to come.

With that in mind, our '83 Classic Newell is up for adoption. I have posted an ad on the newell Classifieds site and I would be interesting in some feedback on my selling price of $58,500.00

Here's the ad ...

http://newellclassifieds.com/index.php?a=2&b=1212

Thanks.

Kelowna, British Columbia
Canada
1983 Newell Classic
https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=47
1993 SOB
bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:43 AM   #2
rellick

Talking

This is an extremely good buy, especially right now with the us exchange at 1.25 it works out to about 46,800.usd
Glen you have one of the nicest classics around, I am surprised it hasn't sold yet.
Have you put it on Kijiji? Try Edmonton Ab as well as BC

22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:48 AM   #3
bluesky

Thanks for your feedback, Keith. I will mention the price listed is $58,500.00 USD. Perhaps I'm too high?
Canada
1983 Newell Classic
1993 SOB
Old 04-06-2015, 02:06 AM   #4
rellick

Sorry about that Glen, I didnt see that, I did see your ad a while back.
Personally I don't think its too high.
People are out there spending more on sob coaches that aren't even clise to the same quality. Like I say, try edmonton kijiji.
Have you had any inquiries with it on here?
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
Old 04-06-2015, 11:31 AM   #5
rheavn

Selling is a combination of marketing and price. Marketing is placing your coach in places to maximize exposure. The key to good marketing is getting people to look and read your ad. In marketing a motor coach pictures are very, very important. Once they have read your ad and looked at the pictures they will react to price.

You give one example of placing an ad. If that is the only place you have an ad your exposure is limited. The narrative of an ad is very important and should focus strictly on your coach as you are selling it today. Pictures are very important, but only good pictures work. Use pictures that accentuate the flawless care that the coach has received and the outstanding condition it is in. Pictures of lots of people, having fun in your coach equates to lots of wear and tear in peoples mind.

Is your price too high. The answer is in your answers to a couple of questions. Are you receiving phone calls from people who are interested in buying? Are you having people come to inspect the coach? If you are not receiving any calls from people interested in your coach, then reevaluate your marketing. If you are receiving calls, but not getting any one to inspect your coach, then your price is not working.

Evaluate your competition closely. Are 1983 Newells selling for $58,500? Are newer Newells selling for less than your price? What are they selling for? What other motor homes can one buy for your price? Are they newer?

The last coach I sold I received many telephone calls immediately, buyer flew in from 2,000 miles away and sold it in five days.

Any thing will sell if marketed and priced properly. Good luck................................
Old 04-06-2015, 04:10 PM   #6
rellick

You have alot if good points Steve. Glen you are asking more than the average 83 is selling for, we both know it is above average, you need to let people know why your price is more than average. One of the big issues with Newells is they are rare and few people even know what one is. Especially in Canada. Some prefer the newer style and some the classic. You need to find a buyer that prefers the classic but one thats pristine.
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
Old 04-07-2015, 09:03 PM   #7
bluesky

thanks for taking the time to send me a little feedback, guys, I changed up some of the pics (including the one with all the pretty ladies) and added a few more. I also changed some of the copy.

I'm not trying that hard to sell, I suppose, because I've only listed the coach on the newell site. Perhpas it's time to put her out there on Craigslist and others.

Thanks again.
Canada
1983 Newell Classic
1993 SOB
Old 04-07-2015, 09:20 PM   #8
MrE

Glenn,
Keith and Steve both make very good points. In my opinion you’re asking a fair price. Your problem is going to be finding someone that has the knowledge to know the true worth. It will be like trying to sell a classic car to someone that’s only familiar to Yugo’s.
Best of luck
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:09 PM   #9
GorillaSooner

Default Is this coach still available and for sale?

I've been reading a lot about coaches recently as one came up for sale near me that is the same year. After stumbling across this listing, I am now thinking I would rather try to get this one instead of redoing the old one near me here. I do have a random question though. As I live in Oklahoma, do you know if there is anything special I would need to do (taxes, etc.) if I buy this from Canada? Thanks!

-Scott
GorillaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:22 PM   #10
bluesky

HI Scott

I purchased the coach in Grand Rapids and there was minimum paperwork to import to Canada. It still has the original USA VIN #, so it should not be a problem, check with US Customs and your local state registration to see what they require.

Glenn
Canada
1983 Newell Classic
1993 SOB
Old 06-01-2015, 05:09 PM   #11
MrE

Scott, sounds like you've done your research on buying a used motorhome.

Here's a link to a website detailing buying a vehicle in Canada: http://www.ezbordercrossing.com/the-.../#.VWyQx89VhBc

1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote