Dining area remodel ideas? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
Starvin Marvin

Question Dining area remodel ideas?

My wife keeps looking through the site gallery or showcase and keeps saying her problem with a Newell is the lack of dining area customizations. She likes the bus conversions because they appear to have more choices in that area than the Newell's appear to have.

Imput would be grateful.

Starvin Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
The Newell

Hi Marvin,

Newell does manufacturer each coach from the ground up and I would assume if you wanted a different dining area layout Newell would have no issues adjusting the construction to fit your needs.

I am sure others will jump in here with additional info

Joseph

Home Base: Riverside, CA

If anyone needs my contact info private message me and I will send it to you.

-Joseph-
The Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:28 AM   #3
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

Starvin Marvin, my coach has a table and seating extension that will seat 6, but a little cozy. I suggest you post a picture and year details.
2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
tuga

Marvin,

What type of dinette is she looking for? There seems to be only two: a fixed table with free standing chairs or a booth.

Most Newells have the booth, but I'm sure it would be easy to remove the booth seating and replace it with chairs!

I removed the booth seating on my '93 Newell to have the fabric recovered and it only involved removing about 8 s.s. screws that held the booth in place. In about 30 minutes I could have placed 4 chairs around the table and the renovation would have been complete!
Coach #512
2005 Pilot
tuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #5
Neweller

Marvin, what is your wife looking for in a dining area. I realize that most Newell's have booth designs. Booths come in a few different shapes and sizes from 2-6 persons with some expandable. I had a Newell that was set up with swivel chairs for two and then another similar set up in the living room. Newell's have just as wild of a dining layout as any bus conversion I've seen.

Suggestion: Click on the tab at the top of the page where it says Gallery and go to the "Newell Showcase" and scroll the page to some of later 90's and later Newell's and look through those photo's. Please come back and tell us if there is anything your wife likes? And I Chester mentioned, maybe post a picture of something she really likes that you've seen in a bus conversion.

If you look a little further I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #6
Starvin Marvin

Ok, I got her looking a little deeper. I'll try and upload a picture of something shes been drooling over.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:04 AM   #7
Starvin Marvin

Something like these two example's are really appealing to my wife and like them too. Or something similar where we can enjoy a meal take up a side view at one of our favorite spots. With the option of a little tube if desired. Has anyone seen a Newell along these lines?

Marv
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	742-dining-low-res.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	2676   Click image for larger version

Name:	752-dining-low-res.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	2677  
Old 08-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #8
Neweller

That is an interesting set-up for sure. Are you folks only considering a dining layout with a view looking out the side? I like it too, but it appears only two can enjoy it. Are you looking at buying a used Newell or a new one? The main reason I ask is if your going new, I am sure Newell will accommodate you with something similar or even more to your taste.

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #9
Newell Tank

Marv, that is a very nice dining arrangement. I would want another area to accommodate other guests or family. It looks like quite a step up from the main floor to the slide portion, is this one done by Liberty Coach?

When I'm not flying high, I like to be down low in my Tank. Newell Tank that is!
Newell Tank is offline   Reply With Quote