1991 Repo - no reserve - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
MrE

Default 1991 Repo - no reserve

Now we have one without a reserve for our contest! It's at $16,500 right now with 14 bids and 3.5 days left. I'm putting my guess at $34,500.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1991 repo.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	3648
No Reserve Used 44' Newell Detroit 470hp Diesel Full Paint Needs TLC Cheap REPO in RVs & Campers | eBay Motors
additional pictures - Karolina Koaches - 1991 Newell Motorcoach 44 Tag Axle Diesel
1991 Newell Motorcoach 44

No Reserve Used 44' Newell Detroit 470hp Diesel Full Paint Needs TLC Cheap REPO

This is coach approx 44'.This coach is a Newell.This coach is NOT nice as compared to a new unit. It is decent when compared to a new motorhome. To be 12 years old this coach is pretty nice.This RV was just driven several hundred miles with no trouble.This RV is pretty easy to drive. Only a regular drivers license is required to drive this coach. There are roof AC units that seem work. One of the thermostats is missing. We are not sure of all AC units working properly. This RV will need some updating. So, we plan to sell cheap to allow the next owner to update how they want it.The engine or dash AC does not blow cold air.The 8V-92 Detroit DIESEL engine runs as it should, a 470hp.The Allison toggle switch operated automatic overdrive transmission shifts great also, no problems. A diesel generator is present and trys to run. It seems that the fuel pump solenoid is bad.I am not sure that the convertors are charging properly. The invertors have a green light indicating they are on, but the batteries do not seem to keep a charge.The air takes a little while to build up pressure. Due to the age, I would imagine there are a few leaks in the air system. Once there is enough air pressure, the suspension is pumped up, including the tag axle, and the air brakes will turn off and we drove it approx 600 miles with no trouble at all.Please consider that it is 22 years old.This means the coach is not new so please do not expect new.There is a fridge / freezer that works on LP gas or electric.We did NOT check every single light, drawer, storage door latch etc. Hopefully, they are good. We feel that since this motorhome is a repo and we are selling for a low profit, we are NOT planning to check or go over everything. WE can not cover, repair, or go over it all and make very little or low profit. So, our theory is to sell a lot at very little profit. This is good for you because it gives you a chance to own a RV for a VERY LOW price.Since we are usually selling RVs for a low price, we feel that you can do some of the cleaning and repairs yourself or pay an RV store to do it for you. Typically, if you are willing to pay the Nada retail price we will be glad to cover or go over it all for you.As with any older RV, there is usually some delam or water damage.Sometimes we do not have all of the keys for each door, due to being a REPO.
1991 Newell Motorcoach 44

[TABLE="class: vi-ia-attrGroup, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD][TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Condition:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding"]Used: A vehicle is considered used if it has been registered and issued a title. Used vehicles have had at ... Read more[/TD]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]VIN:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding"]1N9449X89M1011262[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Year:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding"]1991[/TD]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Slide Outs:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding"]None[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Make:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding"]Newell[/TD]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]For Sale By:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding"]Dealer[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Model:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding"]Motorcoach 44[/TD]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Awnings:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding"]Other[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Type:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding"]Motorized class A[/TD]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Doors:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding"]1 door[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Mileage:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding"]136,718[/TD]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Length:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding"]44[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Sleeping Capacity:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding"]6[/TD]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Generator Fuel Type:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding"]Diesel[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="class: vi-ia-hdAl vi-ia-attrLabel vi-ia-attrColPadding, align: left"]Vehicle Title:[/TH]
[TD="class: vi-ia-attrColPadding"]Clear
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #2
Gone Busing

I'm no expert but I no that it needs a lot of work, more than most would be willing to do. I think it could bring $36,000.

Comparing Luxury Motor Coaches
Gone Busing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #3
MrE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Busing View Post
I'm no expert but I no that it needs a lot of work, more than most would be willing to do. I think it could bring $36,000.
I think Ken is thinking to himself, I could pick that up and repower it with a Cummins ISX, add a couple of slides, change out the headlights to HIDs...
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Old 03-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
ccjohnson

I am thinking someone will steal this at 28.7K.
XL-7
F-350 4X4 Crewcab
F-250 4X4 Crewcab
ccjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #5
NewellCrazy

I wouldn't be interested not even @ 28K. Take a nice hard look and start to see what it could need I think 20-22K is where anyone would want to be in case major repairs come along(You know they will). I know your probably thinking I'm out of my mind but hey you could easily invest another 20K into it when I start thinking about tires, Batteries,Water heater, Generator needs repair, Interior, Exterior items that need attention and we haven't even started with any engine or air components. Also as Jon pointed out not including a new Cummins engine.

Sean

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
Neweller

Jon, what are you trying to do, draw me into this one. They were asking like $50k previously and they will not get even close to this but they will find out the true ebay price on it letting it go. It will need all tires. I don't see the roof airs they mention it has. You are right about me yanking the engine, it is a perfect candidate for a newer I-6. Really be nice to have it inspected. The gen don't run, but that may be from sitting around, but then again why don't the sellers at least get that running? There are some features I find attractive but I would have to weigh them out against all the work it will need. This is a DIY Newell for someone like a handful of us around here wanting to save money by doing most all the work ourselves. This would take more $$ to pay someone else to do all the repairs, than what you can buy a much nicer cleaner Newell for. Rust is another concern. I believe there is another member on here that went and had this inspected a while back and opted out.

I will think on it a little and give my guess.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #7
86loco

Come on Ken, I've been waiting on your repsonse. I'm thinking 26,100.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #8
JustDustin

I'm thinking it needs a lot of work...and that means you better have some cash to fix it all...and the time. Or have plan on paying someone to do it and that adds up.
JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #9
Gone Busing

I should recantor my guess but I won't. I don't think its worth anywhere near my guess and just think somebody would be willing to go there not fully realizing what they are getting themselves into.

Comparing Luxury Motor Coaches
Gone Busing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #10
JetHot

A relative of ours had went and look over this coach and this is what hess says about it:

Needs complete repaint (the pictures do not show how bad it is).
Carpet is needs replaced.
Figure on replacing all leather.
Dinette needs new upholstery and foam.
Figure on replacing all curtins and blinds.
Missing front TV and components.
There is a combo washer/dryer that will be removed.
Replace microwave.
Ice maker didn't look good.
Needs all the tires replaced before moving anywhere.
Does have electrical house issues.
Needs all new batteries.
Needs all windows and door resealing.
Needs new water tank and most likes water pumps.
Tanks should be removed to make need basement repairs.
Generator is unknown.
There are apparent oil leaks.
Engine has uncertanties.
HVAC fan has unknown sound and not functioning as it should, may need new fan motor and other extensive parts & repairs.
There will be metal repairs to be done.
Brakes are unknown.
Would recommend replacing all air bags and possibly lines.
Figure on a new inverter/charger.
Plenty of rust to clean up.
Quite a bit of unknowns. Much restoration needed.

I hope this will help anyone interested.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #11
MrE

Great information! Sounds to me that one could pick up Forest's 93 at $49,900 and be dollars ahead of this one for $20,000.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Old 03-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #12
Neweller

Jon, you got that right. I would say there is easily $20k in repairs if you did most of the work yourself. And that would not be covering the main running gear if there is any problems there. And for most people it would not include the repainting. If I bought it for around $10-12k I could make it work, but I have a feeling someone is going to take it over $20k and have a couple of years get retirement ready project. Something buyers need to consider is that by time they get a rougher coach like this ready for extended use, it will have lost even more to depreciation. Cdats was a much cleaner repo than this one and I believe he has easily sunk another $10k into his, mostly the cost of tires and batteries. I'd just as soon buy one with a bad engine that is much cleaner inside and out, because I know that I would just have the engine replacement and not a bunch of doo-dads all over the place to worry about. That coach has been just downright neglected. A guy paying to have most of it done could probably buy a '96 and newer coach in prime shape for less than he would have in this unit.

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 03-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #13
jdaniel

My fear would be you would never get it all done. It's just SO much work. I'm saying 21,600
jdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #14
NewellCrazy

Jimmy I totally agree with your statement. Good luck to whatever brave soul attempts to tackle that project coach.

Sean

Old 03-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #15
Neweller

I have a feeling this coach could head over $30k. There are a lot of people in that ballpark with money. When you start getting up over 50-60k the cash buyers start dwindling it seems. It's not like you can just go down to any bank now days and get an equity loan. But a lot of older people still have a few bucks in savings for something like this or can get out the plastic. And it's still better than starting out from scratch with a wore out bus to convert.

John, I think if you threw your 91 on Ebay you could get your money back plus some.

-Bob Marley
Old 03-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #16
NewellCrazy

7 hours until auction end what will it bring???? 29,600 is my guess.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #17
1993Newell

Whoever buys it must not mind the fact that it will need money and work put into it. But if done right it is a Newell after all so it will be a great coach for someone .

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #18
Neweller

Guys all it can be is someone feeling they can save a few bucks, get into a large Newell and feel they will put in their own free sweat equity. If you are really handy and either want a big project or are used to working really hard for your money, you could feel like it's a deal at around $30k. Or if you are looking for something to just park and not drive, then that could be a nice cabin of sorts too. There would be less to worry about in that sense. I have done that before. A Newell parked on a permanent vacation lot somewhere would be better than a POS box trailer or fiver. I thought about putting an older Newell on my property by the pond and use it either for guests or if I decided to rent my house out and hit the trail I could use it to stay in when I was returning to the area.

-Bob Marley
Old 03-24-2013, 08:48 PM   #19
Neweller

Well, I will put money on it now, that it is heading over $30k. There is definitely some interest in her. At least three individuals are wanting her and who knows who might pop in at the end for a snipe. YEE HA! Welcome to the family. Hopefully it will be someone that can share some good insight. I believe there is one person bidding on it that wants to export it out of the country.

-Bob Marley
Old 03-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #20
Neweller

The suck part on this coach is that the bidders are within 12hrs of the coach ending and can't retract their bids. I think there might be something funny about the bidding on this deal the more I look at it. I see the same sales tactics being used that some other sellers use to sell cars and coaches. The tactic obviously works, since I fell for it once, but once only. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? Do want to let the cat out of the hat? Or do you want me to?

-Bob Marley