Short term storage for a month - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
lbrachfe

Default Short term storage for a month

Can I get some tips on what to leave on and in my systems for storage for a month or two at a time ? The 2003 , 2 slide will be in South florida, so no freezing will occur. I will be plugged into 50 amp at a storage yard, but not sure or familiar with the reliability and power outs. There is no breaker panel, just a plug on a post. I will park with my windshield facing North and will empty my waste tanks. I will shut off or unplug mant things, but don't wish to overlook the obvious or not obvious.....Tips or experiences would all be greatly appreciated. Can my Prosine ACS be set to turn on the genset if shorepower is lost and shut down if power restored ? Don't find anything in the manual..Leaving the water supply tank mostly full and the air toilets full too. Thought to leave A/C # 2 on auto at 77 degrees.
Thanks for helping as we will be doing this several times this year starting this week.....

Larry & Hedy Brachfeld
2003 , 2 slide, Det D 60, 20k gen, midship air entry, Amana house frig, HWH leveling and Phantom Slides.
Coach #646
MINI Cooper S Clubman Toad
lbrachfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
afrench45

I usually leave tanks full, turn off water pumps, and air pumps. I always leave my heat/ ac off too. My coach will get about 90 degrees in the summer but cools off quickly once the air is turned on. My coach is always in my personal enclosed storage so I often leave the windows/door open to help with venitlation. In the winter it may get to 40 or so. I just didn't see the point in paying for the electric to leave them on plus the wear and tear on the units. I usually back the coach in and just leave it in travel mode instead of trying to level. I guess it would level anyway with the air pumps off.
Its not fun leaving them!
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote