Greetings from Lincoln, Nebraska. - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2013, 04:15 AM   #1
kaiser

Default Greetings from Lincoln, Nebraska.

I'm new to this forum. We bought our first RV last summer. It is a 1986 Newell. Coach # 20 I believe.

The summer before last we toured the Newell factory while we were in Miami OK. Stopped in and asked for a nickel tour. We were treated like royalty even after admitting there was no way we could even afford one of their used units.

I was so impressed with the quality of craftsmanship that I started searching in earnest for a high quality Motorhome.

After searching for nearly a year we came across the coach of my dreams. I've driven several charter busses over the years including a Prevost and an MCI. Our 86 Newell handles better than any of them.

We just returned from our first cross country trip. We visited the Creation Museum in Cincinati, OH and Niagara Falls, visiting friends and relatives along the way. Had a little excitement last Sunday evening on our way home. While driving down I-80 I saw smoke pouring from the left rear tires.

We were just approaching an off ramp and I was able to safely get off the interstate highway. The left rear air bags had deflated leaving the coach to ride on the tires. I do NOT recommend driving like this very far. After moving the coach a quarter mile to a parking lot I discovered the linkage arm for the height control valve had broken. One zip tie and a half roll of electrical tape later we were back on the road. Thanks to the emergency phone assistance I received from the Newell factory.

But most of all thank God Almighty that it was the left rear which I had a good view of in my mirror, that it didn't happen a couple hours earlier while diving through a heavy downpour, that it happened just before an off ramp, that we were able to get off the road safely and that we were able to avoid a costly tow and repair bill.

Looking forward to making your acquaintances.

Alan Kaiser.
kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote