1994 Newell Motor Coach on ebay - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #21
hotrodhornet

Well, I quess if everything went smooth all the time we wouldn't have anything to talk about.
We were close to Waco on 1-35s and lost power, pulled over and it was in limp mode. No codes in ddec.
i checked fuel filters, looked at the wiring,killed the power and tried to reset the ECM but nothing seemed to work.
i pushed the circuit breaker reset for the ddec and after that it would not even start. It was blowing the ddec circuit breakers, they didn't feel quite right so I replace both of them with a 20 amp fuse.
i did find a loose ground wire to the coolant level sensor, but there was no codes in ddec for that so not sure if it caused the problem of not. After replacing the circuit breakers it started right up and made it home. So not sure if I still have a problem or not. Paul

hotrodhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #22
hotrodhornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Newell View Post
Congrats, You purchased a very nice Newell Coach and out standing price to boot. What are you asking for your 1981 Newell?
Not really sure yet, I really have to clean and fix up a few things. The grey paint on the outside looks terrible so that is first on the list. It is in great shape mechanically, has good tires. I use it about twice a month to race in Sealy Texas pulling my 10,000 lb. enclosed trailer. I would trust it to go anywhere, but cosmetically it needs some attention, it does have some rust, worst is in the water compartment, I was going to take that out and redo the floor if I kept it. Paul

Old 06-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #23
1993Newell

That's why a Newell stands out above the rest. It may be an older coach but still runs strong with mostly cosmetic changes to be done because fabrics become worn out and out dated after many years.

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #24
rellick

Paul, hopefully it was just your ground wire, awsome you were able to get it up and running again yourself!!
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:34 PM   #25
JustDustin

hotrodhornet Congrats man!
JustDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #26
hotrodhornet

Thanks, we are on our first trip already down to padre island for a family vacation, running great and everything is working fine.
One thing I noticed is this coach Has quite a bit less storage room and counter space than my 36 ft. Classic. I was up until 2 am tues night transferring everything from the 81 to the 94 and started running out of room fast. I am going to have to spend more time organizing everything. Love the shower and the dinette. Paul
Old 06-21-2013, 02:29 AM   #27
77newell

hotrodhornet: congrats man. I went from a 77 coach 37ft long to a 93 coach 39 foot long and the storage math ain't workin out. The 77 had way more storage inside. The only thing I can think of is that the the extra 2ft went for the endcaps and the storage went to open space in the bath area. Not only that but the 77 had one more chair in the lounge. I think there must of been a warp in the space-time continuum between 77 and 93. If I just had a flux capacitor we probably could straighten all this out.

2007 civic toad
77newell is offline   Reply With Quote