Why did you decide on a Newell over the rest ?? - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Newell Attack

Default Why did you decide on a Newell over the rest ??

One thing that has always made me curious is what makes people decide on a certain RV.

For us after looking for the right motor home for about 7 months we decided to go with a Newell because of the quality construction. We wanted something that would last a lifetime and we think that our Newell will if we keep it that long unless we decide to upgrade to a newer newell. With all the custom features Newell incorporates it makes ours a one of a kind to us anyway....Plus how many 33 year old coaches do you see still going strong??? not many but our Newell is!! WHY you might ask, Well its a Newell!!! ENOUGH SAID!

Just thought this would be fun to share why we chose a newell and why others did also,

Jeff

Jeff & Leann Shackly
Newell Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
speedingsport

If it was good enough for Race car drivers and their teams. Then it's good enough for me!

speedingsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
1993Newell

Why we chose a Newell coach you ask?

We wanted to fulltime in luxury that's why!

A Newell coach can be anything and everything you want it to be. But above all it is a unique fulltiming experience. For those who don't fulltime then you'd agree when I say it's a unique rving experience.

A Newell coach is the perfect motorhome for exploring the land. Driving from the east to the west, or the west to the east, from the north to the south, or the south to the north, from the open road to visiting the beautiful national parks or going across country. Visiting all your family and friends that maybe at different corners of the the USA. You can even go beyond traveling outside of this country.

A Newell coach is your passport to the most beautiful and remote parts of this country and farther! That is why we fulltime and why we do so in a Newell. After all it is the ULTIMATE pavement cruiser ever made!

The beauty of us fulltiming is our view is always changing!

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
FJGuard

I'm a man who likes to hunt and fish. But that doesn't mean I want to give up my comfort. A Newell is large enough for the family for trippin and you get all the comforts of home while on the road. My wife's famous saying is "Owning a Newell is a Luxurious Way of "Roughing" It!"
FJGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #5
Neweller

It all started on a like quest as with many others here on this forum. I personally looked at over a hundred bus conversions from gorgeous finished conversion to unfinished ones. Even spent a nice chunk to go through Bus Conversion Magazines hands on building course (very enjoyable by the way).

After looking at hundreds of throwaway coaches (as I call them) there was never any true comparisons to a bus conversion like Marathon Coach, Liberty Coach, Country Coach, and several other smaller converter offerings. I ran across a Newell by accident and was blown away by the fit and finish of this older master piece.

It's like comparing a 1980 Chevy Citation to a 1967 GTO or maybe in regards to the later model Newell's would be more like comparing a Chrysler K-Car to a Mercedes 600SL. There is no comparison!
Newell Rules! I'm thinking of using this name for my new rapper group.It kind of like being a young man again and meeting a beautiful girl and saying shes so fine! It was love at first site.

And I have to blame Karl Blade for being behind the helm of such an amazing offering to the world of us motorcoach lovers and dreamers.

Ken
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
jWolfe

The main reason I decided on a Newell and not some inferior motorhome or a bus conversion, is the fact that Newell builds a Newell coach, to be a Newell coach. It's not something converted to be something else, they are built to be what they are supposed to be, a motorcoach. With the standard equipment that is in a Newell in my honest opinion it by far surpasses any other coach out there.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
pairodice

Being a former Foretravel owner I have to chime in here. Foretravel is built from the ground up to be a coach as is Wanderlodge. The main reason I am looking at a Newell is because of the problems I had with delamination on the Foretravels (or any other fiberglass skinned coach). I have NOT seen anything in Newells or Wanderlodges (or bus conversions) that match Foretravels' cabinetry. Yes, the others cabinetry looks nice but it is NOT solid Walnut (not that I have seen. Of course all that Walnut adds a lot of weight but I love the look of it. I am mostly looking at Newells because I think they are easier to work on than a Wanderlodge and I can get a wide body older Newell Diesel Pusher rather than a Front engine Wanderlodge of the same year, all the way back to the 1970's (the WLs were Front Engine).
Something in me both loves and hates all the redundant systems and countless buttons on the WL...
If I could get Foretravel to convert a Prevost or MCI shell (and afford it) that would be a great coach to me...
pairodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #8
pairodice

There are tons of old Wanderlodges, Foretravels, Country coaches, Monaco coaches on the road that are over 30 years old... Now whether they still perform decently is another question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newell Attack View Post
One thing that has always made me curious is what makes people decide on a certain RV.

For us after looking for the right motor home for about 7 months we decided to go with a Newell because of the quality construction. We wanted something that would last a lifetime and we think that our Newell will if we keep it that long unless we decide to upgrade to a newer newell. With all the custom features Newell incorporates it makes ours a one of a kind to us anyway....Plus how many 33 year old coaches do you see still going strong??? not many but our Newell is!! WHY you might ask, Well its a Newell!!! ENOUGH SAID!

Just thought this would be fun to share why we chose a newell and why others did also,

Jeff
pairodice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #9
1993Newell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pairodice View Post
Being a former Foretravel owner I have to chime in here. Foretravel is built from the ground up to be a coach as is Wanderlodge. The main reason I am looking at a Newell is because of the problems I had with delamination on the Foretravels (or any other fiberglass skinned coach). I have NOT seen anything in Newells or Wanderlodges (or bus conversions) that match Foretravels' cabinetry. Yes, the others cabinetry looks nice but it is NOT solid Walnut (not that I have seen. Of course all that Walnut adds a lot of weight but I love the look of it. I am mostly looking at Newells because I think they are easier to work on than a Wanderlodge and I can get a wide body older Newell Diesel Pusher rather than a Front engine Wanderlodge of the same year, all the way back to the 1970's (the WLs were Front Engine).
Something in me both loves and hates all the redundant systems and countless buttons on the WL...
If I could get Foretravel to convert a Prevost or MCI shell (and afford it) that would be a great coach to me...

Adrian and Karen I respect your opinion here. I agree Foretravel does have some beautiful cabinetry.

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:56 AM   #10
jWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993Newell View Post
Adrian and Karen I respect your opinion here. I agree Foretravel does have some beautiful cabinetry.
However, it's still not a Newell!