Custom aftermarket seats made for your coach. - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2013, 04:08 AM   #1
NEWELLWIZARD

Exclamation Custom aftermarket seats made for your coach.

This 2012 Marathon Coach had some custom aftermarket seats done.

Name:  1206-221.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  9.2 KBName:  5325.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  9.1 KB

Seats4cars, Aftermarket car seats all cars, street race and off road

For those looking for new seats maybe you should consider ordering custom aftermarket seats. Don't know what they cost but was helping a friend do a little research and I found these.

NEWELLWIZARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

If I were looking to replace my front seats, I would give serious consideration to installing two truck air-cushion seats. I love the height that my air seat gives me and the up and own motion prevents my worn out knees from hurting. Just my opinion.

2001 Newell #579
tow a 2011 Honda Odyssey
1935 Mercedes 500K replica
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
afrench45

I think I am fixing to have to replace my drivers seat. I think it's probably just worn out, has a lot of movement and I've tightened it up once before. I really like my recaro seat and think ill probably just replace it with the same thing.... But with the massage built in!!!
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #4
jWolfe

Yes massage is nice!! Don't forget the heat and cooling too.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #5
GringoPhil

Ergo MC II

Name:  ergo_mcII_07.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  6.9 KB
Old 01-07-2013, 01:10 AM   #6
Neweller

Phil, that's a very nice Recaro seat. Andrew, I don't blame you a bit. I have had several Recaro seats in many different vehicles over the years and just love the quality and comfort. I have not tried the massage one's yet and bet those are a treat. Can anyone attest to how well the massage portion works? I'm sure there are plenty of us with interest in a quality seat and possible with massage.

Thanks
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:00 AM   #7
MrE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester B. Stone, Jr. View Post
If I were looking to replace my front seats, I would give serious consideration to installing two truck air-cushion seats. I love the height that my air seat gives me and the up and own motion prevents my worn out knees from hurting. Just my opinion.
I put a couple of truck air-cushion seats in my previous Newell and loved them except.........the shocks that come with them are designed for a seat mounted behind the front wheels, not in front of. There were certain situations where the seat pogoed pretty radically.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:14 AM   #8
Neweller

Jon, I'm trying to picture what you are saying. Do you have any pics from the previous installation by chance.

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 01-07-2013, 03:58 AM   #9
afrench45

A friend of mine has the massage seat in his Newell and its niiiiiceeeeee! Really plush too.... I could drive all day in one!
afrench45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #10
86loco

I'm trying to fathom how much difference there could be driving in a air seat versus a non? I was thinking that with air suspension you would not even need it on a coach.

Prevost, Bluebird Wanderlodge, Marathon, Liberty, Millennium, Outlaw, Barth Coach, Coaches, Superliner, Tour Bus, Coach Conversion
Old 01-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #11
MrE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neweller View Post
Jon, I'm trying to picture what you are saying. Do you have any pics from the previous installation by chance.
Ken, it was back in the 90's before I had a digital camera but I'll look around and see if I can find a picture to scan. I believe that they were Bostrom seats that swiveled. Probably not this model, but here's a link to a similarly equipped seat. Patriot
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Old 01-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #12
Neweller

Don't worry about it if it's too much trouble. I know the type in the link, I have driven a truck with those seats before with those Bostrom Patriot's. Just trying to figure why certain seats would make that kind of difference etc... Certain seats must not function properly with the bounce of the suspension and the axle position has something to do with it? I never knew about that, never having had an air seat in a coach.

-Bob Marley
Old 01-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #13
MrE

Quote:
Don't worry about it if it's too much trouble. I know the type in the link, I have driven a truck with those seats before with those Bostrom Patriot's. Just trying to figure why certain seats would make that kind of difference etc... Certain seats must not function properly with the bounce of the suspension and the axle position has something to do with it? I never knew about that, never having had an air seat in a coach.
Noticed this in the link that I sent you:

• Add on 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Damper Option
    • Kit PN 6222082-001

That's probably all I needed.

The seat wouldn't pogo very often but would be quite disconcerting when it did. They were extremely comfortable and I got to where I could tell by the oil on the road where there might be a problem and adjusted for it. This was also on a 73 that had leaf springs and two airbags per axle and I don't remember ever replacing the shocks. Probably a combination of factors.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Old 01-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #14
MrE

Quote:
Found one, probably not quite the angle you were hoping for, but here it is.
Click image for larger version

Name:	seats008.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	3140

After this picture was taken, I replaced the steering column with a tilt column out of an Acura and rewired wipers, lights, and cruise control from the dash and high beam off the floor to the steering column. I was also able to add intermittent to the wipers.

I already looked for pictures of the steering column and couldn't find any after I changed it out. Never was very good at documenting...

If you want to look at pictures, my brother has a web site with lots of pictures on it that are quite good. He does work for National Geographic, Conde Nast Traveler, and lots of other major publications and has written several books with lots of pictures. If you know where to look in his stock photo search you can find pictures of me Santa Barbara, California based advertising, corporate, editorial, fine art & stock photographer Macduff Everton

1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740