The Envy of All Existing Luxury Coach Owner Snowbirds! - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Neweller

Default The Envy of All Existing Luxury Coach Owner Snowbirds!

I just want to say I envy all you blessed little snowbirds while I'm preparing for what they say will be another severe winter weather storm here in the US. This time the Midwest will be home to blizzard and icy conditions. How many severe winter storms are we supposed to have around the country? It sucks when you can't head south when you want to.

Our Canadian friends probably just laugh at us. I was raised around this stuff and have just grown tired of it. I just like to visit it once in a while. I just had a guy up from Florida the other day buying some equipment from me and saying how he misses the four seasons. Heck, I never missed the four seasons living in Southern California.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
1993Newell

When the weather is bad we roll down the road. Hopeful to miss it.

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
Neweller

Ed and Melba you have the right idea. We have about 8-10" right now and it is still coming down. And this is nothing compared to what some areas are seeing. I heard two feet in areas in Kansas. They say this storm is affecting over 30 million of us. Good thing many of us went shopping yesterday. I don't mind it when I get to stay inside and it's warm. They are just a little slow in our area for getting the roads cleared around here and better have a 4wd. I have driven in some pretty rough weather over the years especially up in Alaska, so I'm well versed in this stuff.

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 02-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #4
CAPTWatson

The weather is crazy all over the country. I'm tired of winter and ready for spring!
CAPTWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #5
FJGuard

I'm sure ready for some better weather myself. We've been getting slammed this year with storm after storm after storm. Spring where are you?!!!!
FJGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
MrE

Cute Ken, I wish I was too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neweller View Post
The weather is here, wish you were beautiful
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
Neweller

It could be HOT and she's bitching about the mosquito's? I'm just dreaming about being in Ecuador!

Couple of more inches added to the pile! Might as well go for broke!

-Bob Marley
Old 02-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #8
folivier

Yeah well, it's no fun sitting here in the rain either.
We plan to head out the first week in March. Probably go towards Moab. Colorado will probably be too snowed in, but we have to be in Denver the first part of May.
1998 Newell 45' 2 slide #486
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2013 RZR 570LE

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul, you have a body." C.S.Lewis

https://www.luxurycoachlifestyle.com/...php?albumid=14
folivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #9
Neweller

Got another foot plus of snow last night and I'm currently on my Android phone. $hit is buried! We lost power a few hours ago. Good thing I shipped out everyone's parts yesterday.

-Bob Marley
Old 02-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
Randy J

Stay warm friend. Stay warm.

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #11
MrE

You may have shipped them yesterday, but they're probably not moving very fast right now, if at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neweller View Post
Got another foot plus of snow last night and I'm currently on my Android phone. $hit is buried! We lost power a few hours ago. Good thing I shipped out everyone's parts yesterday.
1986 40' Dog House #86
0 hp 8V92 Allison HT740
Soon to be 500hp ISM with ZF 6 Speed
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #12
Neweller

Jon, that be true! Well at least they are hopefully on trucks and depending on what route have made it somewhere. Now Mike's shifter probably has a white-out route. Actually, crap ones going to Colorado and New Mexico and that is probably white-out too!

The question is, since when does a storm come from the south bring snow? I'm so used to snow coming from the North.

-Bob Marley
Old 02-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #13
1993Newell

is this you right about now ken? Name:  ken.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  14.6 KB

1993 Newell Coach Motorhome
1993Newell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #14
Neweller

Ed and Melba, that is pretty darn close to what's going on. The crazy thing is I have a down track loader sitting dead with a hydraulic problem, and sold the new tractor last fall so there is nothing to plow the driveway with and three of us have been shoveling snow to try and keep a path available in case of an emergency. It's coming down right now as I type this out in the van charging the phones and the laptop off the inverter. It's ironic, don't you think? Now there is 20" and counting! Power is still off and it even gets more ironic...............

-Bob Marley
Old 02-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #15
rellick

Wow, usually its us getting that kind of weather! We have had spring like conditions for about a month, even had to break out the rubber boots! Knock on wood! I'm sure were still in for some nasty weather before spring. I hope the weather turns for the better for you very soon Ken and whoever else is having to deal with the snow!
22' 350hp Jet Riverboat
79 Ford F250 4x4
Many others to list
rellick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #16
larryweikart

Name:  IMG_0212.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  11.2 KBNot spring yet! Heading for Fl. Sunday so had to take a little time out to play in the snow! I may be getting older, but, I refuse to grow up!
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:47 AM   #17
Neweller

Larry, that's damn good!! Gotta love it. I always told myself I love to visit the snow on my own terms. But it's not all that bad, just a little ill prepared.

Here's couple of picks starting with what we had already on Monday from last week and then Tuesday. Today was kind of a wet snow and it washed away most of the two inches on the cars from last night. Total we had around 20". I definitely seen worse but wasn't ready for this one. I even had my truck high centered and stuck about three different times. Today we got her off the property and went to Walmart for a few needed items. Power is back on!

Same tree with first snow and then Tuesdays snow.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08978.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	558.0 KB
ID:	3459Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08990.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	437.5 KB
ID:	3461

This is the truck after it was cleaned and my youngest removing the last of the snow from when it was buried. It took two more attempts to get it lined up on the lower portion of the driveway.

Name:	DSC08987.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	971.0 KB
ID:	3460Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC08992.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	377.7 KB
ID:	3462

This is a 28' enclosed trailer with its tires hidden in snow. And the down track-loader not being of any use.

Name:	DSC09012.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	276.3 KB
ID:	3463Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09015.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	326.2 KB
ID:	3464

-Bob Marley
Old 02-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #18
larryweikart

Wow Ken, that's a bunch and when it's that wet it is difficult to move! Nice truck, by the way.
1994 Newell #365 w/Corvette, 2002 streetrod 34 ford golf cart, 2009 Smart Car, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc, CAR & BOAT CRAZY! LOVE OUR NEWELL!
larryweikart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #19
NewellCrazy

Wow ken you got enough snow to open your own ski resort lol

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #20
Neweller

The funny thing is the poor little Jack Russells have to go out of there way to go take care of whatever their business may be as they can't hop through the snow very well. Even the neighbors Ridgeback travels via the cleared areas when coming over for a visit.

A nice generator in a beautiful luxury Newell coach would have been a tall order for back up during this little fiasco without power. We have about 13,000 watts of solar panels sitting in crates not doing a bit of good with everything to build a couple nice solar systems and the plan was to install at least half of it this spring. As I mentioned in another post on previously, we are seriously considering selling everything we own and living in a Newell when in the states and the rest of the time in South America. Been thinking about the best choice in the south for a storing a coach when not in use.

-Bob Marley