Few new projects and more to do !!! - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
leskorcala@hotmail.com

Default Few new projects and more to do !!!

Quick update on my oil change & other small projects before we will be gone on the road for few years !

Oil was 17$ gallon ( sweet deal ) some 180$
Filters - 2 x 26$ I had to buy is right away since we don't have time , but Oraily had oil & filter in stock!

Oil change came to 228$ 2 hrs of work, They found tie rod loose in the rear near the axle and they did tight it, checked our breaks and all 3 of them at %70 so that is good news!
They went trough long check list , so that was good & my mechanics knew he wont see me in long time or ever so he bumped labor from 118 - 220$ no big deal! so, total was about 480$

About the cracked muffler ? our muffler was driven over something high so there is good size dent in the mid section and I believe it caused the front side cracked about %60 but Marks said its nothing to worry for now and did not wanted to replace it ! wonder how much are they aftermarket ? have you replaced one yet?

I noticed that each time I enter the coach I can hear inverter panel section Prosine very high pitch sound , its low but noticeable ! do you hear yours ? when we live in it for few days you get use to it but its there!

Also, is your main vacuum system ( central vacuum ) works only of 50Amps or Generator ?

So much to do, I am packing our 3000sf house in the boxes and moving it tomorrow to Montana's storage , we hope to put our house on rent market soon and one month left and on the road!

I finally installed 40 " samsung HD monitor over the head on two aluminum brackets ( door threshold base plates from each about 4" wide made of strong aluminum, used 4 bolts with loc tight )It fits perfect ! That took my two tries to do it just right! you need to drill perfect placement 4 holes 8" apart in square shape and while holding your 70lbs flat panel TV on your shoulder and balancing I then try to screw all 4 screw blind since you don't see it at the back of the TV all done by touch & feel for the hole in the back TV panel skin, it took good hr on first try but ended up with one misplaced hole and the bolt would not fit in!!! I was about to give it all up !!! tried different material and this time worked perfectly!

I was left with 5" space under the TV which is perfect to get to the wires and subwoofer etc. I cover that with very nice blk metal molding full of small holes for good ventilation , it turned out very nice! I than took the two plexiglas doors to the window glass place to trim them about 1/2" so they can fit with wider tv monitor , I am prying they don't mess it up ( case they are not responsible for chip cut ! ) Not sure what we do in the bedroom as far as TV ? we don't watch much in there , but putting nice 20" flat panel would be easy!

In the back closed, I am building small office for our photography business, we sell prints and digital photos on CD so I need to install printer , computer , few external drives and two 24" monitors!

Looks like lot but O will put all on teh left side of the closed, two 24' will be mounted on the wall, will install quick table ( board across from wall to wall ) all will look great when we done I have good size plastic dresser like which will fit on the right wall where the two shoes shelf ware there! for additional clothes space!

Lot of small remodeling , but ist fun to see come alive! I am trying to figure out way to put together good storage management in the bay areas , installing perfectly fit rubbermaid tubs so when you pull trough you don't get stuff stocked here and there! problem is we have little giant ladder and p washer and they are ad sizes

We had problem figured out our sonny read camera how to work it on the road when you drive forward! I try every bottom and nothing worked , My mechanic did something yesterday and now I have the camera while driveling!! ha-ha, love it and might not turn it off so I can use it when I need it!

My next project is tool box , I have mine facing in one of the bays! but it takes to much room, so I saw one nice 2001 for sale with the t box installed on the pull out platform.
This Newell coach had is in the narrow storage next to teh side engine door, I kept extra oils and wires there but can be perfectly fit with tool box, I have Harbor Freight style top section tool box and is perfect size and need to install it in.

Well few good project to work on!

Nice to hear from Newell owner & thanks you again for all your help & tips.

Aqua Hot is on my next service, will order parts , leaning to get the whole valve , not just kit and just replace with fuel filter etc. but websto will be pain to move it away, need to figure out where to disconnect the power to AHot.

Best,
Les

Newell 2001 # 582 ( 2 slides )
NissanXtera - falcon 5052
Co-motion Robusta tandem
Security sytem - two African Lion Hounds Rhodesian Ridgebacks Baha & M'kala

Les Korcala
Dog Action Fotos
www.dogactionfotos.com
425-894-7826

leskorcala@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
encantotom

hi les,

1. my muffler has a dent in the bottom too. i will not replace it because of the dent.
2. my prosine3000 inverter/charger has a fairly strong cooling fan on it but i can only hear it if the bay doors are open.
3. that was a steal for synthetic oil.
4. your central vacuum should work on either genny or shore power

please share pictures with us on your tv install.

later

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
Chester B. Stone, Jr.

Les, I thought you may be interested in where I placed my tool box in my 2001. I probably carry too many tools, but I guess it is like a comfort blanket. The driver's side storage bin under the slide-out wasClick image for larger version

Name:	tool box.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	2218 perfect. To help with access when the slide is out, I installed 500# 32" locking slides which fit perfectly. Photo attached.
Chester B. Stone, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
leskorcala@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester B. Stone, Jr. View Post
Les, I thought you may be interested in where I placed my tool box in my 2001. I probably carry too many tools, but I guess it is like a comfort blanket. The driver's side storage bin under the slide-out wasAttachment 2218 perfect. To help with access when the slide is out, I installed 500# 32" locking slides which fit perfectly. Photo attached.
Thanks for the photo and sugestion! in our 2001 we have diferent configuration and I have good small storage 30" x 28" deep so i am going to put on pair of sliders sideways, that way I can use all my main pull trough bays for my photography stuff. I have nice tool box with 27" deep and should fit perfect!
leskorcala@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote