Belated intro - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2007, 04:19 AM   #1
hlfdzn

Default Belated intro

Hello All,

Tried logging in several times recently and found that my account disappeared. After Sean re-registered me today, I thought it was about time to post an introduction and start participating a bit more as I've enjoyed reading your posts since this website first started.

We picked up our Newell at the Factory in Feb of this year and immediately hit the road. So far we've been to OK, TX, NM, AZ, CA, OR, WA, BC, YK, AK, ND, MN, WI, IL, IN, OH, KY, WV, PA, MD, & VA. The Newell is a magnificent mode of transportation, especially with 4 children. We've met some wonderful fellow Newell owners and can honestly say we have made lifelong friendships among them. The factory, or more accurately, the Newell Staff, are the best. I wish other businesses operated with the quality, integrity and friendliness of this company. Sure we've had our fair share of problems that come with owning a 15 yo coach, but Newell has been there when I needed them.

Being somewhat of a DIYer myself, it's great to see all the ideas that come through this list. I'm especially thankful that Mike is so prolific with his thoughts and experiences. One recent result is the purchase of the VMSpc program. I'm very pleased with the accuracy I now have in observing the operations of the 8v92.

Paul
'93 Newell 45' #320

hlfdzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:25 AM   #2
fulltiming

Paul, great to have you back with us. Sounds like you have been giving your Newell the kind of use that makes then really stand out.

The number of active DIYers is continuing to increase. Glad to see another source of Newell information.

How many miles have you traveled since February? Just getting to Alaska must have been close to 5,000 miles, so I would guess you have covered something over 10,000 miles.

1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 10:03 PM   #3
encantotom

welcome as well!

i am glad to get more do it your selfers....

wish i had the time you have to go touring...will find out next summer as we are taking a 4-6 week trip.

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:01 AM   #4
hlfdzn

Thanks for the warm welcome Michael & Tom.

Don't know the exact figure, but it's approaching 15K and I’m sure that number will continue to grow (dependent upon the price of diesel!!!) Also, I forgot to mention three more of Canada's provinces AB, SK, & MB that we visited.

Our home is in AK, but we're helping my wife's folks in VA for an indeterminate amount of time. Just got back from a trip to MN for Thanksgiving and my folks 60th anniversary. More travels to follow!

As a sidenote, Michael, we corresponded via email several years ago. I had found your website and contacted you shortly after you picked up your Newell. Like you, we also owned an Airstream and were anticipating making the move to Newell. Our motorhome experience prior to the Airstream was a Winnebago Mini-Winni.

Paul
'93 Newell 45' #320
hlfdzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:55 AM   #5
fulltiming

Paul, I remember that email exchange now but didn't put the two together until you mentioned it! Glad to see that you took the plunge and hope that the Newell is working out well for you and the kids.

What layout does your Newell have, especially sleeping arrangements? I have seen a couple of Newell's with bunks that pull down from the ceiling that would sleep a larger group than your family but mine will only sleep 4, my dinette doesn't make into a bed and I don't have opposing couches.
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
8V92 DDEC-2, HT740
PT Cruiser GT with Remco Transmission Pump
https://newellowner.com/newell-photos/
fulltiming is offline   Reply With Quote