Installing 3 new roof airs - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2009, 03:26 AM   #1
Brian Long

Default Installing 3 new roof airs

I am getting prepared to replace the roof airs on my 87 Newell and would like to hear from users to help me make a decision on which brand to purchase. I like the Carrier low profile units and would be using the non-ducted version with controls in the ceiling units to avoid having to install separate thermostats. I am removing 2 Duo-Therm Penguins and 1 Polaris. I am more familiar with Carrier because of residential use but Duo-Therm seems to be widely installed on Newell coaches. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Brian

Brian Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:34 AM   #2
encantotom

i am not sure the brand makes much difference. others might disagree, but i think the new ones are all quite good and reliable.

i put a new coleman mach on mine last summer. i would just make sure you get the 15,000 btu ones.

you can also get ones that are a heat pump so they heat as well. i replaced one that had the heat pump with just a plain air conditioner. i have enough heaters in my coach.

i would just get the one you like the look and feel of.

sorry i am not more help.

regards,

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote