Tech Talk Archives 9 - Page 9 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #161
Neweller

Q
1191 12/29/2003 2:45:27 PM 12/29/2003 Norah Brennan nbrenora@cs.com Primas/windshieldwiper/elec.heater I can't get my Primas to go on, check all manuals and switches, and fuses, any suggestions?? Windshields wiper bracket broke at hose to washer (old age I think). Need new fitting. 1990 Newell, electric heater needs to be replaced front and rear. Where can I purchase new one?

Heater front and rear need replacement. Where do I find new ones?

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #162
Neweller

Q
1194 1/1/2004 6:50:36 AM 1/2/2004 Dean 67gto@myvine.com twin beds to queen bed Adam,
My 1978 has twin beds. They are arranged on each side in the rear. I built a queen size bed that "bridges" from one twin bed to the other. It removes easily for those trips to the automobile events when my buddies (whom I dont want to sleep with!) are along.

"I know I知 not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Old 12-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #163
Neweller

A
1195 1/5/2004 5:18:51 AM 1/5/2004 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Leveling system The new Valid leveling system is available to retrofit on Newells. The cost is $2,860.00 parts and labor for most coaches. If interested, contact the Newell Service Department at 1-888-363-9355.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #164
Neweller

A
1196 1/5/2004 11:21:06 AM 1/5/2004 Jim Cordner CRTJIMCORD@aol.com Switches Your original question was about using the "OVERRIDE" switch position for a heater booster pump switch. I added a booster pump for the front heater/defroster loop and it works great. Last trip to Iowa at Thanksgiving finally had warm feet. Good Luck.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #165
Neweller

A
1197 1/5/2004 1:58:51 PM 1/5/2004 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com Primas/windshieldwiper/elec.heater We have only a limited supply of Primus service parts. To our knowledge, the system is no longer in production and the supplier is no longer in business. To check parts availability, call Tommy in the Newell Service Department, 1-888-363-9355, If a system is not repairable, we recommend the installation of conventional propane forced-air furnaces. As with any propane fueled device, a qualified technician should perform the work.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #166
Neweller

A
1201 1/7/2004 11:16:57 AM 1/7/2004 Ken White ken@aswindustries.com Sharing Info with classic owners! I just recently purchased a 1978 Newell with a 6V92T with a 5 speed Allison. So far I am impressed with most features and build of a coach this age. I'm currently doing some upgrades in the interior which include replacing some dry rot under a window. I plan on changing out the windows and exterior lighting and new paint. Inside we are still thinking over some ideas. I'm interested in sharing ideas with anyone with a classic Newell. I'm located in Southern Cal. Thanks, Ken.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #167
Neweller

Q
1202 1/8/2004 8:18:11 PM 1/10/2004 john leuenberger jeleuen@cox.net Primas/windshieldwiper/elec.heater Re Norah Brennan question about source for electric heaters. If a 1990 coach used the same Square D heaters used in an '82, the source is Carroll Parts in Kansas City, MO, 1-800-654-3545. There was a recall on Square D's, the replacement part no. is STW1216A. Cost per heater was $96 including shipping (as of one year ago). They slide right in the orig housing. Supposedly no longer available when existing stock is sold. Hope this helps.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #168
Neweller

1203 1/9/2004 6:13:43 PM 1/10/2004 Reagan Sirmons overcup@houston.rr.com Primas/windshieldwiper/elec.heater I am trying to replace the air driven wipers with electric, Does anyone have any ideas? thanks

-Bob Marley
Old 12-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #169
Neweller

A
1204 1/10/2004 9:59:26 AM 1/10/2004 Mike Nachtigal dmnach@mchsi.com Primas/windshieldwiper/elec.heater I have been generally successful at keeping my Primas system going. Have gathered some spare parts and found a supplier for the electric pumps. When it works it really works great, I use my coach for ski trips regularly. Would be glad to discuss your problem with you. I hate the idea of switching to propane heaters. ph.417 8822170

-Bob Marley
Old 12-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #170
Neweller

A
1205 1/10/2004 8:08:50 PM 1/11/2004 Reagan Sirmons overcup@houston.rr.com Primas/windshieldwiper/elec.heater Re: Replacing air driven wipers with electric...further explanation... this is for a 1987 coach recently acquired and we are refurbishing. The left air wiper works OK but the entire system leaves a lot to be desired. We have the bus at Freightliner now while we are trying to figure out a truck system that might work. I would appreciate any thoughts.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #171
Neweller

A
1207 1/11/2004 6:52:39 AM 1/11/2004 Tom Patterson tomp@tompatterson.com Window Channel Felt Yes, most window glass available today is thicker at 1/4". The original glass is 5/32", or 3/32" thinner. The 5/32" glass is however still available, both as laminated, or as tempered--you just have to look for it.
For information, in Houston, Texas I found that there was only one distributor of the 5/32" laminated glass, and that the not all the stores of Binswanger Glass, whom supplied me with replacement glass dealt with this distributor. Fact is though, that some did, and that the glass was available. It matches the original glass, and the channel felt in this thread fits perfectly.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #172
Neweller

A
1208 1/16/2004 8:07:35 AM 1/17/2004 Rosetta Arriola jrarriola@aol.com GPS SYSTEMS - FACTORY INSTALLED We are purchasing our first Newell (our very first motorcoach ever!) and are wanting to have a Navigation System installed. So far the two things that we know for certain that we want in a system are Voice Command and Two Screens. I have talked with some of you via e-mail and would now like to get input from others as to opinions on the two most preferred DVD Navigation Systems by ALPINE or PIONEER. If you have any likes or dislikes we would appreciate your views. Since this is our first experience with a motorcoach, we are overwhelmed with questions and are concerned with questions that we don't even know to ask! Yet as intimadating as this all is, we are absolutely certain that we have made the right choice in buying a Newell coach. I've researched for two years and my findings always brought me right back to Newell! Thanks in advance to any and all who can assist us with information. And we look forward to meeting you all! Rosetta

-Bob Marley
Old 12-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #173
Neweller

A
1209 1/17/2004 6:55:44 AM 1/17/2004 TechTalk Staff TechTalk@newellcoach.com GPS SYSTEMS - FACTORY INSTALLED It is interesting to look back at a thread like this that has been running for awhile, in this case almost three years. Like everything else, the world of GPS has changed a bit since 2001. Anyway, as things stand now, we strongly recommend a Pioneer-based GPS navigation system we have developed specifically for our coaches. A little history: About a year and a half ago, (rough guess), we replaced the Alpine GPS system we were offering with a Pioneer system. There were several considerations. At the time, the Alpine data base was on 7 CD's, only one of which could be used at any given time. The Pioneer system uses a single DVD. Much better, particularly going cross country. Also, the Alpine U.S. distributor, in a word, sucked. Alpine USA would run out of key components and not be able to tell us when the next ship was arriving from Japan. It is hard to deliver new coaches with parts missing! Finally, the Pioneer database is a merger from two sources, so it contains more towns, points of interest, etc. Alpine has most likely gone to a DVD based system, so this aspect has probably improved. But the poor support is a deal-killer as far as we are concerned. Another consideration in your selection: we have a great deal of current experience with the Pioneer system and have a two-screen installation well worked out. Changing to any other system as a one-off would amount to a prototype project, with inherent first-time mistakes, no refinements gained from experience, and make it more difficult for us to answer questions and provide service after delivery. Certainly there may be a better GPS system out there now or coming down the road. But first we need to find one and refine the installation for the Newell. A good installation and good after-the-sale support is much more likely if we have the benefit of experience to throw into the equation.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #174
Neweller

A
1210 1/21/2004 2:46:34 PM 1/22/2004 John Williams stcywllms@cs.com 1976 36ft coach Where can I find an owners manual, service manual, etc?

-Bob Marley
Old 12-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #175
Neweller

Q
1211 1/22/2004 4:48:47 AM 1/22/2004 DENNIS hogair1@yahoo.com Cabinet edge moulding I have a lot [of moulding] I took out of a 78. It is tan. 619-549-9606.

-Bob Marley
Old 12-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #176
Neweller

A
1212 1/22/2004 6:41:23 PM 1/22/2004 Rich Farr toptin@cox.net Stewart Warner tach & Speedo We would like to install a new speedometer with 'trip' meter in our '79 Newell. Also, our tach was replaced before we bought coach and works well, but reads too high.
Stewart Warner says they do not make a speedo with trip odemeter. Does anyone make a combination sending unit/speedo that will work? In any case, I would like to obtain original equip model numbers for S/W speedo sending unit & speedo. Also for S/W tach sending unit & tach? Thanks in advance.
Rich Farr

-Bob Marley
Old 12-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #177
Neweller

Q
1213 1/24/2004 9:29:58 AM 1/24/2004 DENNIS hogair1@yahoo.com Battery charger amps On a 1982, how can I check how many amps the charger is putting out? Can I hook up an amp meter and how?

-Bob Marley
Old 12-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #178
Neweller

Q
1214 1/24/2004 12:53:50 PM 1/24/2004 tom browney tbrowney@aol.com coach height Am considering purchase of 2001 45' Newell with raised bedroom roof and a bedroom slide. I have a garage opening 11'10". Can you dump the air bags and drive it into the garage, and what is the height with bags dumped at highest point? Coach has no air cond on roof. What would be the travel height and the height with air bags dumped?

-Bob Marley