Non Slide Newell VS Non Slide Prevost Values...what the heck is going on????? - Page 2 - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2013, 01:27 AM   #21
Racer3001

Closet space is important to my wife and I and I'm not sure what coach fits us best Prevost or Newell.

Old 05-26-2013, 01:40 AM   #22
Randy J

Racer3001

Have you checked out the inside of some Newell Coaches you are interested in? I'm sure it will have plenty of closet space. Either way they are both luxury coaches you're going to win. We fell across our Newell had no idea what they were but we sure are glad we did.

Slides or no slides a Newell coach rocks my world!

1991 Newell Coach
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

"If I lose today, I can look forward to winning tomorrow, and if I win today, I can expect to lose tomorrow. A sure thing is no fun.”

"Sometimes I pretend to be Normal. But it gets boring. So I go back to being me." lol!
Randy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #23
SantaFe

Great discussion...I love Newell Coaches but I'm a realist...
Have never seen or heard of documented > 1 millon mile Newell have you'll?
On the other hand 1-2 million mile Prevosts I have seen several.
Comparing Newell to Prevost is like Cessna to Bonanza or Craftsman to Snap On...etc
All great products but each different...
Market value is not set by owners or sellers, someone on this thread said to call Newell and see what trade value is...ask yourself why Newell blows out wholesale to MOT, Holland, Pantera, etc these old no slide and ten yr+coaches
Why don't they refurb and market them? Rare has no direct correlation to value that is a myth
If any RV's are a 'good' investment why do they have a history of depreciating Every year?
Enjoy them and keep it real!!!!
Note: look at history of Manheim, Adesa, and the other dealer auctions for Newell prices... that will sober you up...
SantaFe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #24
Yachts

This is how I see it.. Newell doesnt carry any coach over 10 years with a few minor exceptions because it is very hard to get financing on them.. But if you buy a Newell from Newell you will pay on average 50 to 100k more than anywhere else.. 2 Reasons are one, Newell provides a 2 year 24000 mile warranty on the whole coach.. the other reason is owners if they cosign with newell normally pay a refurb fee to make the coach perfect and a seller fee to Newell when it sells.. Right now the 04 quad at NEwell can be bought from them in the mid 300's the same year from individuals can be had for mid 200's from private individuals.. But you assume the risk if something breaks.. Now you can fix a lot for 50-100k but thats the difference..

The other issue is supply and demand..3 Months ago there were 4-5 96-99 no slides out there for sale.. I bought a 99 no slide for 80 k. the seller was going to Hire someone to consign it and they were gonna ask 110 but by the time he paid commission and hassled with the unknown. he offerd it to me for 80k and i only lived 40 miles from him.

Prevosts pre 2005 drove better than a Newell. But an XLII and An h45 have less than 41 feet of convertible space in a Prevost.. The Newells have all 45 feet convertible.. Thats why they say if you drive all the time a Prevost rides better BUT a Newell Lives better..
Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:39 PM   #25
jack14r

Yachts,I think you hit it on the head,Newell and most Prevost converters do not want to mess with anything 10 years or older because it is difficult to get a lender to lend money on what they think is such an old coach.The market has spoken and none of us can change these values.Your last paragraph I think is very true,the Newell does really have 45 feet of usable space and the Prevost is the better driver.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:38 AM   #26
Dave-n-Marjorie

I am quite sure Newell wholesales older coaches as their FLOORPLAN does not allow Rvs older than 10 or 11 years. It has ABSOLUTLY nothing to do with "value". Every dealer knows that. I work for one. If Newell decided to renovate a 10+ year old coach, they would first have to get a high interest Floorplan for that coach, then pay Curtailment on that coach each month it does not sell from the time they acquired it counting the time they are fixing it up. When you count the time and manpower it takes to renovate one, it is just not worth it profitability wise, especially when you count dealer PAC they have to pay.

I'm on Manheim daily for more than 4 years now, and havent seen a good deal other than the one I bought. I probably looked at a dozen of them. Most all on there are repos that should be or are the way to being totalled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaFe View Post
Great discussion...I love Newell Coaches but I'm a realist...
Have never seen or heard of documented > 1 millon mile Newell have you'll?
On the other hand 1-2 million mile Prevosts I have seen several.
Comparing Newell to Prevost is like Cessna to Bonanza or Craftsman to Snap On...etc
All great products but each different...
Market value is not set by owners or sellers, someone on this thread said to call Newell and see what trade value is...ask yourself why Newell blows out wholesale to MOT, Holland, Pantera, etc these old no slide and ten yr+coaches
Why don't they refurb and market them? Rare has no direct correlation to value that is a myth
If any RV's are a 'good' investment why do they have a history of depreciating Every year?
Enjoy them and keep it real!!!!
Note: look at history of Manheim, Adesa, and the other dealer auctions for Newell prices... that will sober you up...
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Dave-n-Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:50 AM   #27
Dave-n-Marjorie

You have some great points Yachts. My question is...If you can find a 04 Quad slide Newell for $250k,,,,how much can you find a 04 Quad slide PREVOST for????? If its a toss up Newell vs Prevost quality ect... then that means Quad slide Prevosts should be $250k right? If you cant find some quad slide Prevosts for $250k then I would ask why the difference????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachts View Post
the same year from individuals can be had for mid 200's from private individuals
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Old 05-29-2013, 02:22 AM   #28
Gax

Something I have noticed is a fair share of folks think that Newells are one in the same with Newmars. Could it be possible that is why there is some discredit the value of a Newell?
Gax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:26 AM   #29
Yachts

I agree you can't find a prevost quad slide for anywhere near 250. Or 350 for that matter.. In comparison i agree a newell is better than a prevost.. That's why I bought my first one and my second one.. But if someone wants to sell theirs cheap they can do that..

You guys have a 96 no slide you just remodeled? Would you take 100k for it? Knowing you might find a single or double slide around the same number? I bought a 99 no slide and the thing that set mine apart was 4 girard awnings and only 1700 hours on the gen set and the coach is like new inside.. I plan on adding about 30k to it in new paint and other upgrades over the next year or so.. Could I find a double slide for less than what I might have in this? Yes but my wife and I are weekenders and I rather have a coach that is custom to my tastes than one with slides for the same $.. My opinion. But if a triple slide comes around for 120 or a double for 90 or so, I am in!!
Old 05-31-2013, 01:41 AM   #30
Dave-n-Marjorie

Great questions Yachts.....Would I take $100k for my 96 series 60 non slide bath and a half that is 100% remodeled and updated, 65k miles...???? Probably not....The reason why?????...............I have been in the this coach every day for 6 months full time. I know every inch, inside, outside, hidden in walls, every system, tank, switch, EVERYTHING....It is the floorplan we want....the options we want....colors we want......low miles, one owner....ect.....

With the few Newells on the market.....how would I find that???? Is one even out there??? Then find one with two slides on top of that??? It would take about the same time to get to know another coach with slides and that could be very very expensive to get to know another coach. I found a quad slide for $130k....it needed $140k+ of work and it also had 200k+ miles....I found a double slide for $135...high miles...bad floorplan...bad colors... 5 owners....slide seals needed replaced...tires....batteries.....hwh not working right......ect....no...I didnt want that either....would have been into it for $200k....There is one on here for $90k...steal of the century!!!!!! in my opinion...upgrade it for $20k and you are only into it for $110k....how much can you find a double slide PREVOST FOR???

For those wannabees waiting for the perfect Newell....times are a changin.....you better act fast or you will be looking at double slide gas fleetwood bounders for the smae amount of money......these Newells are RARE....and when the ones that want to give them away do...there will be nothing left and a Prevost will be 40% more money!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachts View Post
I agree you can't find a prevost quad slide for anywhere near 250. Or 350 for that matter.. In comparison i agree a newell is better than a prevost.. That's why I bought my first one and my second one.. But if someone wants to sell theirs cheap they can do that..

You guys have a 96 no slide you just remodeled? Would you take 100k for it? Knowing you might find a single or double slide around the same number? I bought a 99 no slide and the thing that set mine apart was 4 girard awnings and only 1700 hours on the gen set and the coach is like new inside.. I plan on adding about 30k to it in new paint and other upgrades over the next year or so.. Could I find a double slide for less than what I might have in this? Yes but my wife and I are weekenders and I rather have a coach that is custom to my tastes than one with slides for the same $.. My opinion. But if a triple slide comes around for 120 or a double for 90 or so, I am in!!
1996 Newell #423
47' Bath and a Half
Hilton Head Island, SC
Old 05-31-2013, 02:01 AM   #31
Yachts

PM me about the double slide for $90k, I'm very interested