Lighting, Defrosters, Heat & switch... - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Go Back   Luxury Coach Lifestyles > Technical Exchange > Major Mechanicals
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Log in Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #1
hlfdzn

Default Lighting, Defrosters, Heat & switch...

Well as part of our preparation to head back to Alaska shortly and seeing as how the weather in N. VA was in the high 60's, I started climbing around the coach to explore.

First thing...checking out the front light situation, I discovered some loose wiring behind each side of the headlights that was coiled by color. My son and I both checked out the wires under the dash, but as of yet haven't located where they come out nor found them on the front schematic. They are a large gauge black with smaller gauge blue, red, and white with a small black line. I'm still looking at installing some auxilliary lighting as the easiest option. Key concern is still the mounting of a light bracket.

While we were under the dash, I started to check out for improving the defroster situation. I found out why some of the vents aren't putting out air, they are dummy vents...working exteriors, but closed off on the back. Go figure. Anyone at Newell that can tell me why you would ever put these in a coach? Still working on figuring out exactly what vents work under what settings on the fan controls. My dash also has an additional switch that is marked auxilliary defroster (or something like that). It seems to increase the air output.

Last week I finally read the directions on using the propane furnaces using the manuals on the link Michael provided (thanks Michael!) It helps when you correctly cycle the heaters. They both are working fine now. I'm still checking out putting a Proheat diesel coolant heater in. Troy T. did this recently and it sounds like it would be exceptionally beneficial to those of us who travel the northern climates in winter. I'd sure wish mine had the Aqua-hot...

Last question... do any of you have light switch in the rear bulkhead cabinet bottom over your bed? What does it operate? I've checked everything I can over the last year and still haven't found it.

Thanks in advance for letting me tap your knowledge.
'93 45' #320
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
hlfdzn is offline   Reply With Quote