Newell Coach Steering Tie Rod Ends Needed - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2013, 11:56 PM   #1
Ron Skeen

Default Newell Coach Steering Tie Rod Ends Needed

I have recently discovered that my Tie Rod End are dry on my 2004 Newell Coach. They do not have grease fitting and the covers are deteriorated and exposed to the elements. Has anyone replaced their and do you have a source. Foretravel, Country Coach, Featherlight Vogue, Ridewell and Newell according to Dana Spicer Parts Lists use the same tie rod ends with the IFS 84 axle. Newell dose not have any of these in-stock and they only allow you to buy the whole bar with the tie rods ends and bar for $675.00. They have 10 on back order until possibly July. I need tie rod ends 2 left and 2 right thread. I have found several sources but can not cross over the Spicer part numbers. The different part numbers shown in the Spicer Parts Lists are:

Socket assembly numbers are:

Right F4562/s or F4921/s

Left F4566/s or F4920/s

Does Moog, Raybesto or anyone else make a replacement??

Thanks for your help,

1996 Newell 45' #422
2004 Newell 45'8" #689
60 Series Detriot
Yellow Dodge Truck
Ron Skeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
NewellCrazy

Hi Ron,

Dana Spicer shows parts available directly from them @ OEM Parts | Aftermarket Drivelines, Axles, U-Joints and More - Spicer you could always order from there.

1-800-621-8084 Extended Hours:
Mon-Fri, 8am-6pm EST

If Ain't a Newell, It Ain't Wurt Oonin!
NewellCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
Neweller

These should not be that hard to locate. I have a friend who's son works for Ridewell Corp and they probably have them. You can also go off measurements over here at McMasters-Carr. McMaster-Carr or http://www.ridewellcorp.com/Web/Site...v-ifs284-steer.

From my knowledge the tie-rod assemblies used during those years on the IFS-84 Ridewell built cradle assembly for Newell Coach were Dana parts.
If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:34 AM   #4
Ron Skeen

Thanks for your suggestions I will try to call Monday because I can not look up part numbers on their sites. Has anyone had to replace tie rod ends on their coach? If so where and what did it cost? Appreciate any feed back you have.
1996 Newell 45' #422
2004 Newell 45'8" #689
60 Series Detriot
Yellow Dodge Truck
Ron Skeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
STUNNING COACH

A friend who does most of his own work just went through a similar repair on his Dana frontend. I know he has a great assortment of parts guides. I will put a call into him and see if he can provide some information to me or maybe better yet come on here himself.
STUNNING COACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #6
Neweller

Ron, how is your progress coming along on your end? I wanted to make sure as I have dug up quite a bit of information myself. The Problem I'm running into is the part#'s off your sockets do not come up in any data basis. I have the complete diagram and parts listing for that suspension. A lot of the suspension parts come from Spain, same kind of issue Paul Tracy was having. But this stuff can be had. I was just about to buy a Spartan Chassis coach to use the running gear for an older Classic Newell and it had the same basic IFS-84 cradle assembly built by Ridewell. I'm going to do some comparisons, if a lot of these part numbers cross-over, we will have other options for retaining these parts. Like my guy that works for Ridewell told me, they are good parts but the problem is that they come from Spain and not North America making them a little more of a hassle to come by.

If you want to sell, PM or Private Message me. Thanks!

"I know I’m not perfect, and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."
-Bob Marley
Neweller is offline   Reply With Quote