Sony Camera Cabling? and comments on how to get monitor out - Luxury Coach Lifestyles
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
encantotom

Default Sony Camera Cabling? and comments on how to get monitor out

Hi all,

i have the inside of my coach all opened up in the interior as i put in new lcd tv's, home theatre, new car audio and a side/rear camera system with lcd. a comment then a question. the old sony tube monitor in the console was smarter than me for quite some time. i could not figure out how to get it out. tim at rv cams has been great. it looked like just take the 2 screw knobs off the interior frame and pull it out. i spent hours trying to loosen it with a heat gun, torquing this way and that and it was stuck like crazy. i thought maybe it was glued in so i gently used a razor knife to loosen it up to no avail. i finally lifted the entire dash piece up as far as i could without breaking the plastic and took the monitor apart from the inside. the 4 screws on the bottom of the monitor then take the backside metal casing off and walla, it came right out. now my question. as i was re running the exisitng camera wiring and redoing the wirning in that console to neaten it up, i ran across a second sony camera cable. it is caught behind the dash and i dont need it, but does anyone have any idea where it goes? i already re routed the one to the rear camera that runs down the passenger side valene and wire chase.

i am getting a 4th bullet cam to flush mount either in the front bumper on the front or in the front end cap up high. just for fun. anyone done either of these? i know they will get dirty, but it is just for fun since the monitor will do 4 cameras.

thanks

tom

https://www.newellclassic.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8
encantotom is offline   Reply With Quote